• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Elon Musk announces Twitter suppressed Hunter Biden Laptop Story

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not fascism when the left does it.

-Every leftist on GBATemp
The latest Twitter release details how the F.B.I. specifically pluck out accounts and posts “to be moderated”, and issued specific instructions that they expected to be followed. Those accounts weren’t engaged in any form of illegal activity, by the looks of things - they posted jokes and what the state designated as “misinformation”. I can’t imagine interpreting that as anything other than government interference. Some people are more comfortable with that than others - I’m not comfortable with it at all. Government agencies should not interfere in public discourse unless specific laws are broken. The idea that the company had free reign to moderate as it pleased when they were receiving reports from the F.B.I. and DOJ is silly - when the state knocks on your door, you comply due to the inherent implication of repercussions should you refuse. That’s really all there is to it, I don’t understand why anyone would feel compelled to die on this hill - comes across as bootlicking to me. None of this is a shocker, either - it just confirms what we already suspected.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That sort of meddling is worrisome, but alas not unconstitutional.
The 1st amendment, interpreted as it was written, only applies to Congress. It doesn't prevent any other government agency from restricting speech.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The 1st amendment, interpreted as it was written, only applies to Congress. It doesn't prevent any other government agency from restricting speech.
It’s been long established by SCOTUS that the Constitution also applies to the states and law enforcement. I’m a textualist myself too, but a government agency is a government agency - the Constitution is a stopgap against the government as a whole. Claiming otherwise would mean that law enforcement was free to violate *any* constitutional protection, which they’re obviously not allowed to do. It’s certainly worrisome to say the least, but in order to be conclusively adjudicated, it would have to land before the SCOTUS, and for that you need an aggrieved party. At the very least we’re dealing with the agency operating outside of its designated purview - that’s simply not their job.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a time when Twitter said there is no such thing as shadowbanning. Then when that was proven false, the argument changed to Twitter is a private company and can ban whoever they want. Now that it has been proven that Twitter was banning people based on what the government was dictating, the goalposts change again. And after each change, the argument gets weaker and weaker. It's almost like people don't realize that the next batch of Twitter Files is going to be more damning than the previous batch. People need to just accept what's coming and stop looking foolish making lame excuses because the bad orange man is not in office anymore.

And while the FBI was sitting there spying on grandma's memes, they were allowing child p0rn to flourish on Twitter. One would think they would be going after actual illegal activity, but you'd be wrong.

Reactions: mrdude

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don’t like the laptop story, you won’t like this one time Hunter’s iCloud got hacked and dumped (allegedly, of course). Not that it matters, Hunter Biden is a crackhead, not a civil servant. The only interesting elements of the story are the parts concerning his father.
To be honest the story just becomes more and more of a nothingburger as time goes on. With how psychotic Trump's appointed judges were, if there was anything of value to this, he'd actually have been prosecuted, but he hasn't. There's nothing Hunter's guilty of that Trump himself isn't guilty of to much, much worse degrees, let alone his family also being guilty of that shit. Strangely, the people pretending they care about Hunter Biden's laptop as part of a larpy right wing virtue signal don't seem to care that much when there's a blonde toupee attached to the corrupt guy...
Post automatically merged:

Nor dose your political view Laina, There was a fuck ton of evedence showing off the photo's and shit that was on it. dig around and you'll see some insane shit.
This reply would be funnier from someone old enough to vote LOL

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reply would be funnier from someone old enough to vote LOL
You know your in your 20's right?

1671497157337.png

Vista came out in 2007 if im right..... so if im right your 28 or younger.....

Scratch that the romhack was in 2012....... so you could be 23.....

Quit your bullshit Laina, at LEAST i can amit my age lamo

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-was-your-first-formative-emulator-experience.620486/

and just in case you edit it https://web.archive.org/web/2022121...r-first-formative-emulator-experience.620486/

Last edited by sombrerosonic,

SommaCruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, this guy bought Twitter to end it.
During the world cup final, He announce that Twitter no long will authorize publications with some others social media, today he decided to go back and it is permitted again.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know your in your 20's right?

View attachment 343498

Vista came out in 2007 if im right..... so if im right your 28 or younger.....

Scratch that the romhack was in 2012....... so you could be 23.....

Quit your bullshit Laina, at LEAST i can amit my age lamo

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-was-your-first-formative-emulator-experience.620486/

and just in case you edit it https://web.archive.org/web/2022121...r-first-formative-emulator-experience.620486/
1671504163503.png

Also what the fuck are you talking about you schizo, Dragonstone came out in 2008????

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To be honest the story just becomes more and more of a nothingburger as time goes on. With how psychotic Trump's appointed judges were, if there was anything of value to this, he'd actually have been prosecuted, but he hasn't. There's nothing Hunter's guilty of that Trump himself isn't guilty of to much, much worse degrees, let alone his family also being guilty of that shit. Strangely, the people pretending they care about Hunter Biden's laptop as part of a larpy right wing virtue signal don't seem to care that much when there's a blonde toupee attached to the corrupt guy...
Well, if your counterpoint is “Yes, but Trump…” then we’ve truly covered all bases.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you have an actual rebuttal to anything I said? Seems like no.........
There’s nothing to talk about, is there? You claim to have it all figured out, so what’s the point? My only point of contention is that the laptop has nothing to do with Trump, but you felt compelled to bring him up, which is odd. We call that “whataboutism”, actually. It’s particularly rich considering the implication of your post was that he faced no consequences for his alleged actions, when in reality he’s been through two impeachments, not to mention the myriad of other investigations, including ones concerning imaginary crimes. We haven’t seen that kind of reaction towards the Bidens.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Twitter release details how the F.B.I. specifically pluck out accounts and posts “to be moderated”, and issued specific instructions that they expected to be followed. Those accounts weren’t engaged in any form of illegal activity, by the looks of things - they posted jokes and what the state designated as “misinformation”. I can’t imagine interpreting that as anything other than government interference. Some people are more comfortable with that than others - I’m not comfortable with it at all. Government agencies should not interfere in public discourse unless specific laws are broken. The idea that the company had free reign to moderate as it pleased when they were receiving reports from the F.B.I. and DOJ is silly - when the state knocks on your door, you comply due to the inherent implication of repercussions should you refuse. That’s really all there is to it, I don’t understand why anyone would feel compelled to die on this hill - comes across as bootlicking to me. None of this is a shocker, either - it just confirms what we already suspected.
Now we find out the FBI was paying Twitter millions of dollars to infringe on American's 1st Amendment rights to interfere in our elections. This is why fascism is always blamed on the right but always seems to fall on the left. Weird how that happens.

And somehow, this isn't a threat to our democracy?

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s nothing to talk about, is there? You claim to have it all figured out, so what’s the point? My only point of contention is that the laptop has nothing to do with Trump, but you felt compelled to bring him up, which is odd.
I took the liberty of cutting out the performative parts of your post. Figured only the parts worth reading are worth responding to.
For starters, could you claim where I said I had it all figured out? More than you and anyone else partisan enough to buy this "story"? Absolutely, but everything? Nah. Fact of the matter is, none of the energy from your side that's performatively condemning Biden condemned the guy who was worse. I'm saying that you are a partisan. Recoil in horror at the word, it's still true.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I took the liberty of cutting out the performative parts of your post. Figured only the parts worth reading are worth responding to.
For starters, could you claim where I said I had it all figured out? More than you and anyone else partisan enough to buy this "story"? Absolutely, but everything? Nah. Fact of the matter is, none of the energy from your side that's performatively condemning Biden condemned the guy who was worse. I'm saying that you are a partisan. Recoil in horror at the word, it's still true.
…and all I said was that that’s whataboutism, which it is. What Trump did or didn’t do has no bearing on what should or shouldn’t be done regarding Hunter. With that being said, he’s not a public servant, so the level of priority is low.

Reactions: Xzi

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Trump did or didn’t do has no bearing on what should or shouldn’t be done regarding Hunter.
Uh, good, because I didn't say this either. Maybe the high of your performative psuedo intellectualism is blinding you or something but my point was that this is a nothing burger being propped up as something way more serious than it actually is by partisans.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Uh, good, because I didn't say this either. Maybe the high of your performative psuedo intellectualism is blinding you or something but my point was that this is a nothing burger being propped up as something way more serious than it actually is by partisans.
I suppose that it depends on what you consider serious. As for what you did or didn’t say, I’ll let the scroll wheel decide, I don’t like splitting hairs over trivialities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1