• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Effort in Colorado to keep Trump off ballot fails

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this particular situation however, it's not a deal breaker. For any reasonable or moral person the action should be to stop the person who continues to use Nazi propaganda.

And then Hailey pandered to the same group. Desantis didn't even denounce the Nazis at his rallies, which would have been that bare minimum action to take.
Again... politicians, especially of late, aren't representative of most people's ideals. Their goal is to appeal to as many people as possible, and in this case, they can't afford to make waves. Points don't matter if they're points with the other team.
I see your thinking and understand your stance. However, it's easy to jump to conclusions with something this volatile, which is something I take great care to avoid.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wrote a poem for todays ruling i call it " an ode to communism"

"hark, what a joyous day this is, those that seek to destroy us weep at freedom, those that wish to unite us, rejoyce, Delusion is an ugly thing, but one that must be endured to be stronger as a nation"
Post automatically merged:

I don't see an issue with Nazis suffering TBH.

i really dont either, they really got walloped today huh?

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see an issue with Nazis suffering TBH.
Then the feeling is mutual, my esteemed colleague. I see Democrats as the greatest fascists to exist in my lifetime, so naturally, I enjoy it when they cry. So, crying at your enemy's pain is acceptable to you now?

I don't see an issue with leftist fascists suffering TBH. Stop melting down. Save that for November.

• Haha

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then the feeling is mutual, my esteemed colleague. I see Democrats as the greatest fascists to exist in my lifetime, so naturally, I enjoy it when they cry. So, crying at your enemy's pain is acceptable to you now?

I don't see an issue with leftist fascists suffering TBH. Stop melting down. Save that for November.

ahh someone with an IQ, i respect that.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The bigger issue here is that you're seeing your own countrymen as enemies based on their political stance, which is a repulsive stance in and of itself.
Not just you, since from what I've observed most people in this thread have this mentality. Nevertheless, this is extremely concerning for how the parties see each other in the future.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again... politicians, especially of late, aren't representative of most people's ideals. Their goal is to appeal to as many people as possible, and in this case, they can't afford to make waves. Points don't matter if they're points with the other team.
I see your thinking and understand your stance. However, it's easy to jump to conclusions with something this volatile, which is something I take great care to avoid.
Like full stop though, if you need to pander to the Nazis and KKK to win you're objectively on the wrong side.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bigger issue here is that you're seeing your own countrymen as enemies based on their political stance, which is a repulsive stance in and of itself.
Not just you, since from what I've observed most people in this thread have this mentality. Nevertheless, this is extremely concerning for how the parties see each other in the future.

i dont entirely disagree with this notion, as yes people put FAR to much concern into their party, but that said, when an entire political party holds your jobs/livehoods hostage if you dont get poisoned, and tell you you shouldnt be allowed to defend yourselves because criminal lives matter, that doesnt not sound like much of an ally.

• Haha

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like full stop though, if you need to pander to the Nazis and KKK to win you're objectively on the wrong side.
I understand that, and I also am not defending any extremist behavior.

There are going to be objectively morally deprived people on both sides. Conservatism attracts authoritarian extremists and progressivism attracts communist extremists.
The difference is recognizing that the extremists do not define the party, and that a few bad apples do not make the entire ideology Kryptonite.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i agree, it was obvious the moment they named their party democrat, but hey, at least they made it obvious

I understand that, and I also am not defending any extremist behavior.

There are going to be objectively morally deprived people on both sides. Conservatism attracts authoritarian extremists and progressivism attracts communist extremists.
The difference is recognizing that the extremists do not define the party, and that a few bad apples do not make the entire ideology Kryptonite.

can you source "authoritarian extremists" all im seeing is democrats forcing poison.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh someone with an IQ, i respect that.
Some folks are SOOO concerned with who the President is. In my opinion, the only thing that matters about who the President is, is Supreme Court appointments.

The Supreme Court Justices serve for far, far longer than any President does. They determine the law of the land. They interpret the Constitution, and their rulings are binding for ALL Americans. People were genuinely in despair when Ginsberg died, and one of the reasons was that it gave Trump another appointment to fill.

THOSE folks are the ones who actually knew what was going on, despite being Democrats. Some Dems CAN reason and think, and the ones who were upset weren't mad about losing Ginsberg. They were upset that Trump was going to stack the deck for the Republican party. For conservatives.

Presidents come and go, but Supreme Court rulings are damned near forever, unless they are overturned decades later.

I fully concur with the Supreme Court abolishing Affirmative Action, and striking down Roe v. Wade. Should have been up to the States, to begin with.

I want a small and powerless federal government, and I want 99% of decisions to be made at the State level. Conservatives are better at this than liberals. That is why I oppose any liberal candidate who wants the government to make decisions regarding my healthcare, or wants for there to exist sweeping national laws that you can't just move to a different state to get away from, if you disagree.

The beauty of this country is that there are 50 distinct States and a handful of territories to pick from. If you don't like the laws that govern where you live, you CAN move to somewhere where people are more aligned with your political ideology.

Unlike most people on the left, I love this country, and never stopped being proud of being an American, just because of who the President was. This knee will never bow for a man. I will kneel for our anthem, though, or at least stand at attention and saluting not only my flag, but the men and women who died for it.

America. Fuck yeah.

• Haha

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some folks are SOOO concerned with who the President is. In my opinion, the only thing that matters about who the President is, is Supreme Court appointments.

The Supreme Court Justices serve for far, far longer than any President does. They determine the law of the land. They interpret the Constitution, and their rulings are binding for ALL Americans. People were genuinely in despair when Ginsberg died, and one of the reasons was that it gave Trump another appointment to fill.

THOSE folks are the ones who actually knew what was going on, despite being Democrats. Some Dems CAN reason and think, and the ones who were upset weren't mad about losing Ginsberg. They were upset that Trump was going to stack the deck for the Republican party. For conservatives.

Presidents come and go, but Supreme Court rulings are damned near forever, unless they are overturned decades later.

I fully concur with the Supreme Court abolishing Affirmative Action, and striking down Roe v. Wade. Should have been up to the States, to begin with.

I want a small and powerless federal government, and I want 99% of decisions to be made at the State level. Conservatives are better at this than liberals. That is why I oppose any liberal candidate who wants the government to make decisions regarding my healthcare, or wants for there to exist sweeping national laws that you can't just move to a different state to get away from, if you disagree.

The beauty of this country is that there are 50 distinct States and a handful of territories to pick from. If you don't like the laws that govern where you live, you CAN move to somewhere where people are more aligned with your political ideology.

Unlike most people on the left, I love this country, and never stopped being proud of being an American, just because of who the President was. This knee will never bow for a man. I will kneel for our anthem, though, or at least stand at attention and saluting not only my flag, but the men and women who died for it.

America. Fuck yeah.

a true man of culture, amen brotha

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bigger issue here is that you're seeing your own countrymen as enemies based on their political stance, which is a repulsive stance

I wanted to address this specifically because they made themselves an enemy by their choices and actions.

As a minority, it's not unreasonable to be concerned when the Republican frontrunner continues to make racist remarks at an alarming rate.

As someone who has friends and family that are LGBTQ, it's not unreasonable to fight back against the party continuing to attack them

As someone who dealt with a miscarriage in January, it's not unreasonable to have both resentment and concerns over Roe v Wade being overturned. Luckily, we're in a safe state, but a woman in Ohio has to deal with this: https://apnews.com/article/ohio-mis...ittany-watts-b8090abfb5994b8a23457b80cf3f27ce

Our situation regarding the miscarriage was not dissimilar.

So yes, republicans have become an enemy to me and that's entirely their own doing.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When someone directly calls me a Nazi, yeah; they're my enemy. It isn't based on their political stance. I was told that I am unemployed, that I need to shower, and that I am a Nazi, all within an hour.

I haven't fired back a single shot. Not one insult towards a specific person. I've gone after their party, to be sure, but no personal attacks from me.

I came here to laugh and gloat.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont entirely disagree with this notion, as yes people put FAR to much concern into their party, but that said, when an entire political party holds your jobs/livehoods hostage if you dont get poisoned, and tell you you shouldnt be allowed to defend yourselves because criminal lives matter, that doesnt not sound like much of an ally.
In an ideal Democratic world, crime wouldn't exist since everyone would get the help they need. Therefore, there would be no need for guns, and transparency would be at the forefront of society. A solution, if you will.

In an ideal Republican world, less power would be given to the government and more would be given to the individual. People would trust each other rather than a central power, and make individual choices and take on their own responsibilities. A solution.

Both of these could work, but neither will. Seems most folks haven't caught onto that yet--that both solutions accomplish the same thing in ways that cannot coexist.
So you're correct that this isn't an 'ally', per se. It's a solution, but not one that you enjoy or want any part of. That's fine.
I've found that the best solution is to keep an open mind and question everything. It's the reason I believe full-heartedly that there is no God, that vaccines are a net positive, and that the two-party system is, objectively, self-crippling for a country's well being.
But hey, whatever works for you, I guess.

When someone directly calls me a Nazi, yeah; they're my enemy. It isn't based on their political stance. I was told that I am unemployed, that I need to shower, and that I am a Nazi, all within an hour.

I haven't fired back a single shot. Not one insult towards a specific person. I've gone after their party, to be sure, but no personal attacks from me.

I came here to laugh and gloat.
Firing a shot at the enemy camp will still hit someone, regardless of intentions.
Even if you don't mean insults personally, they will still be perceived that way because others don't know your intentions.
That, and going in to a conversation with the intent to "laugh and gloat" isn't helpful and tends to dissolve any interesting conversation more than anything else.
I'd further argue that your philosophy (entering discussions to laugh at the other team) is one of the biggest problems the country has today. Going forward, but only if you step on the other team in the process.
What could ever fuel such relentless hate towards one's own country will forever be beyond my understanding.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In an ideal Democratic world, crime wouldn't exist since everyone would get the help they need. Therefore, there would be no need for guns, and transparency would be at the forefront of society. A solution, if you will.

In an ideal Republican world, less power would be given to the government and more would be given to the individual. People would trust each other rather than a central power, and make individual choices and take on their own responsibilities. A solution.

Both of these could work, but neither will. Seems most folks haven't caught onto that yet--that both solutions accomplish the same thing in ways that cannot coexist.
So you're correct that this isn't an 'ally', per se. It's a solution, but not one that you enjoy or want any part of. That's fine.
I've found that the best solution is to keep an open mind and question everything. It's the reason I believe full-heartedly that there is no God, that vaccines are a net positive, and that the two-party system is, objectively, self-crippling for a country's well being.
But hey, whatever works for you, I guess.
This is why I am such a firm believer in State's Rights.

There ARE Democrat and Republican States, by majority. Their laws reflect that. I live in a state where the laws align with my moral code. I vote for individuals who will continue to try to rein in the federal government, and keep the government as far out of my personal life as possible.

Somehow, just SOMEHOW, that doesn't sound like what a Nazi does. If you don't like abortions, don't get one, or move to a place where they are illegal. If you don't want government healthcare, don't buy it. If you don't want a COVID shot, don't get one.

I have always believed in liberty for all people, in all things. You do you, I'll do me, neither of us harms the other.

That's fair. And also distinctly NON-Nazi.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
move to a place

This is very telling regarding your intellect as it's a complete disregard for what a move entails, from finding housing, employment, and the cost of the move itself.

Then hypothetically, laws change and your suggestion would be to move again.

You're really a special kind of stupid here.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very telling regarding your intellect as it's a complete disregard for what a move entails, from finding housing, employment, and the cost of the move itself.

Then hypothetically, laws change and your suggestion would be to move again.

You're really a special kind of stupid here.
I have left my home state because I was sick of the politics, division and racism. It's really not that hard when you are super employable and can get a job in any city. Luckily, I was smart enough to build up my resume and give myself as many options and advantages as I could, so I could still pick up and go if I didn't like it.

Don't... don't you, my intellectual, philosophical, moral and all-around-everything superior also have the same largess and freedom? Could that be YOUR life decisions, and not mine?

Somehow, I do not feel responsible for your happiness. Now, if it came down to injustice, or if the government were literally preventing you from achieving your pursuit of happiness, I'd fight right next to you. But, I do not see you as a victim. I am sorry that you do.

Let's imagine you had money saved up in the bank and could afford to move. Would you? Are things so oppressive where you live that your quality of life is suffering?

Which state would you go to, if you had a job, or a sufficient amount of savings in the bank to make that possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1