EDUP Wireless USB Adapter

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by HoboWally, Feb 25, 2010.

Feb 25, 2010

EDUP Wireless USB Adapter by HoboWally at 11:03 AM (2,787 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. HoboWally
    OP

Newcomer HoboWally Newbie

Australia
    Hey all,

Was reading through the old help page for this USB, but most of the questions were about drivers.
    Everything has run fine except for the end of the connection, it picks up the signal, 3 bars full strength, takes about 1-2 minutes and then disconnects, saying either one of the following:
    Cannot find IP address
    Cannot find access point
    DHCP settings aren't correct.
    It's from Hong Kong (loved Ebay so far) but i've browsed the web to find no technical pages regarding the USB itself, let alone an actual website for the product, it's all user based questions, mainly around the fact that can't get drivers, or 12.99 for it buy nowwwww from Amazon/Ebay.
    Can anyone help me with this? I've set the USB interface to Access Point not station, let firewall run the connection, the USB and it's interface, everything seems to run fine, except for that final step, when it seems to be connecting, then doesn't.
    Tried on the Wii aswell to no avail.
    Also, don't think me cheap, I still have my proper Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector right next to me, but it's several years all, and I get a problem with USB whenever I plug it in, so if anyone can shed light onto that, it would be great, but I think it's just old/broken. [​IMG]

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Wally.

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I have the same one....xD Here's what I did..

1.Plug in the USB adapter
    2.Start up APui
    3.Even if it says connected go to network connections.
    4.Right click on your "Internet connection" not your USB adapter.
    5.Go to Properties
    6.Go to the advance tab
    7.At the bottom it should say network setup wizard "Or talk about it"
    8.Click on the highlighted "Network Setup Wizard"
    9.Follow the instructions
    10. Let it finish
    11.Test it out.

3. HoboWally
    OP

Australia
    ...APui?

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Or whatever you use to put it in Access point Mode.

5. HoboWally
    OP

Australia
    By Internet Connection do you mean the Wireless Connection that's made from the USB, or my actual broadband Internet Connection?

Tried what you said with my broadband connection, still nothing, even reset the computer to make sure settings were saved, like it said to do. >.>

6. ebbsy23

Newcomer ebbsy23 Newbie

Australia
    Hi HoboWally

If your stilll reading this topic did you ever find an answer to this problem. I have the exact same problem and its doing my head in. Its not a range thing is it as I also get the three bars of the home network and then a hanging "waiting for network".

I am using XP and whats getting me is that everyone who buys one of these doesnt get this problem or if there is a question asked on the internet it stops staight away just like this posting.

Thanks Hobowally