ROM Hack Question EdiZon slows Switch down?

Nynrah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I set up EdiZon on my CFW Switch (Mariko with modchip and Atmosphere) because I want to use cheat codes. I used the following tutorial from CFWaifu: https://www.cfwaifu.com/edizon-cheats/

Now I tried it out on Fire Emblem Warriors. Just some simple cheats for max money and materials. It works, but I noticed that the game is now suffering some slowdowns at certain times, like when loading a stage or History Mode map, or when going quickly through the list of characters. The audio noticeably stutters when this happens. I was wondering if the EdiZon/Tesla overlay is responsible for this, because even when I have all my cheats turned off (they're disabled by default) this still happens.

Now I tried to see what happens if I removed the overlay, but it made no difference.

Does anyone know why EdiZon seemingly hurts my Switch's performance despite all cheats being disabled by default?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I set up EdiZon on my CFW Switch (Mariko with modchip and Atmosphere) because I want to use cheat codes. I used the following tutorial from CFWaifu: https://www.cfwaifu.com/edizon-cheats/

Now I tried it out on Fire Emblem Warriors. Just some simple cheats for max money and materials. It works, but I noticed that the game is now suffering some slowdowns at certain times, like when loading a stage or History Mode map, or when going quickly through the list of characters. The audio noticeably stutters when this happens. I was wondering if the EdiZon/Tesla overlay is responsible for this, because even when I have all my cheats turned off (they're disabled by default) this still happens.

Now I tried to see what happens if I removed the overlay, but it made no difference.

Does anyone know why EdiZon seemingly hurts my Switch's performance despite all cheats being disabled by default?
Edizon is definitely not an issue here as it completely stops working when you are exiting it. Cheats applied by it are just arguments passed to Atmosphere's dmnt:cht.
Delete cheats file completely and check again if stutters are still there. dmnt:cht is activated when there is any compatible cheat file, even if all cheats are turned off.

Nynrah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edizon is definitely not an issue here as it completely stops working when you are exiting it. Cheats applied by it are just arguments passed to Atmosphere's dmnt:cht.
Delete cheats file completely and check again if stutters are still there. dmnt:cht is activated when there is any compatible cheat file, even if all cheats are turned off.
I removed the cheats like you suggested and the stutters are gone, so it definately looks like dmnt:cht being active is the problem. Thank you. :)

I'll look around to see if there's a way to let cheats just stay on the SD card without dmnt:cht, but right now that's more of a convenience issue. At least I understand what was going on and I can still put cheat codes on the SD card on the rare occasion I 'need' them.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/releases/tag/3.8.24.

With atmosphere 20 you can press ZL+B to ask dmnt to detach from the game. There very few games that does not work well with dmnt attached but if you happen to be playing those games you can ask dmnt to detach when you are done using it to hack the game. ( Remember to turn off auto attach or the next time edizon se launch dmnt will be attached ).

Nynrah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try this https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/releases/tag/3.8.24.

With atmosphere 20 you can press ZL+B to ask dmnt to detach from the game. There very few games that does not work well with dmnt attached but if you happen to be playing those games you can ask dmnt to detach when you are done using it to hack the game. ( Remember to turn off auto attach or the next time edizon se launch dmnt will be attached ).
Is detaching dmnt like that done in-game or in the Edizon SE menu and where can i turn auto attach off? I'll have to check my atmosphere version if this is possible for me (not sure where I could see the version; I'd have to check because I didn't install atmosphere myself).

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in Switch's settings, at the end of the list labeled systems.
Edizon se is an applet so can't do anything when it is not launched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...