Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are probably a total of 15 people on this board who actually own one right now.

Therefore, no.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, I dont think it needs one.
There was no OS update up to now, the team hasnt updated their site about resellers etc.
Lets wait and see what happens.
I personally think Edge wont go any further than it already is.

Terranova

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
EDGE OS v1.31
=============

EDGE Official Website: http://www.edge-ds.cn/

How to use
----------

To upgrade your EDGE OS, simply extract the contents of this archive to the
root directory of your MicroSD card, overwriting any older files.

Change log
----------

- v1.31 (24/2/2008)

* Game compatibility fixes
 * Skinning system enabled
 * Japanese GUI translation added
 * Moonshell soft reset support added (you must download the latest
  EDGE Moonshell build to take advantage of this)

now have 1 to correct some bug and im happy skin work now

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think soon enough it will deserve its own section, but at the moment, supply is short, updates are few, and the popularity isn't all that high. Although I am quite enjoying my new EDGE cart.Â
smile.gif
+1

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the EDGE team is smart, they should bring more and more updates. Cause then i trully belief that they could be a big one in the flashcards market
bow.gif

*Waiting till EDGE cards are in stock*

Crush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted Yes. It will get its section soon. We got our 3 Edge from dealextreme delivered right after lunar new year, ever since our R4 have taken a back seat. I still use the R4 Commander except now with EDGE and 4gb mico sd
grog.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use this as the R4 replacement and very happy about it.

Never had one come back that didnt work, mostly because of the no-spring design.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sinkhead said:
I think soon enough it will deserve its own section, but at the moment, supply is short, updates are few, and the popularity isn't all that high. Although I am quite enjoying my new EDGE cart.
smile.gif
+1
+2
smile.gif

I love my EDGE. Of the R4, EZV, and G6DS (slot-1 carts I've owned), it is definitely my favorite. I'm surprised more people don't own one. It is definitely one of the best carts.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foie said:
sinkhead said:
I think soon enough it will deserve its own section, but at the moment, supply is short, updates are few, and the popularity isn't all that high. Although I am quite enjoying my new EDGE cart.
smile.gif
+1
+2
smile.gif

I love my EDGE. Of the R4, EZV, and G6DS (slot-1 carts I've owned), it is definitely my favorite. I'm surprised more people don't own one. It is definitely one of the best carts.
Cause it's a clone of the CycloDS Evo, which is the best original cart on the market.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pikadude1006 said:
Foie said:
sinkhead said:
smile.gif
+1
+2
smile.gif

Cause it's a clone of the CycloDS Evo, which is the best original cart on the market.

The EDGE is in no way a clone to the CycloDS. It's a rip off, but not a clone. The only similarities I see in the OS are the aesthetics (skinning and stuff). Other than that, the EDGE is very different.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikadude1006 said:
Foie said:
sinkhead said:
smile.gif
+1
+2
smile.gif

I don't think it's a clone. All I think that they did was copy the GUI and the skinning format as Evolution skins apparently work with the Edge.

Evolution cheat files are apparently incompatible with the Edge.
The Edge had no realtime save capability
The Edge supports a different set of languages (may support same or more now)
etc.

So, it looks like the most that they ripped off from TC is the GUI, which really is no big deal unless they plan on carefully marketing it in such a fashion that the unwary may mistake it for an Evolution, initially...

I expect that I'll eventually pick up one of these or the R4 w/SDHC as a 3rd backup slot-1 cart at some point, but I'm still waiting to see how things shake out amongst all of the newer carts, as Neoflash have also released another slot-1 cart with integrated motion sensors and a useless blue LED, along with the DSTT, and whatever else pops up in the next few months. We appear to be having a rash of "new" SDHC slot-1 carts showing up ATM...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Foie said:
sinkhead said:
smile.gif
+1
+2
smile.gif

I wouldn't say the best, but I'll say it's the best low budget cart.

Kamgusta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Since EDGE > DSTT, and DSTT has its own forum, i see no point in not making another for it.
Aside from the fact EDGE Team didn't gave away some free Flashcards for the board's members :-) :-) :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night