Hacking Edge Rom Compatability

fatbeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of getting a sticky thread for Edge rom compatability? Just for the minority of major titles that don't work or have troubles.

Maybe one for the latest firmware as well?

Would save a lot of searching if you just wanted to know whether game is still broken or not, or if your running the latest firmware.

Cheers,

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As of the latest firmware update, they all work, with no problems, whenever a game doesn't work, the EDGE team release a firmware update, so there is no need to compile a list, because there isn't one

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, there is probably some obscure game that doesn't work. It's impossible to guarantee it for everything when not everything has been tested. that one guy who postd here said that Smack Down vs Raw 09 doesn't work

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fatbeer said:
So 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' is now working, and 'GTA: China Wars' has no freezing problems then?

Just get the latest firmware, 1.45, and then upgrade, its a simple download, unrar, and drag and drop to your SD card, there is absouely nothing to it
biggrin.gif

eSPy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also i believe even the retail version of gta has freezing issues. (please correct me if im wrong)

Crest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the last firmware update was sometime in March does that mean that all of the releases after March are unplayable? Also there wasn't a announcement on EDGE's website about them stopping updating. Is the "EDGE is dead" comment that has been floating around the forum based on anything in particular? And could someone tell me if Knights in the Nightmare is 100% playable.

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Crest said:
Since the last firmware update was sometime in March does that mean that all of the releases after March are unplayable? Also there wasn't a announcement on EDGE's website about them stopping updating. Is the "EDGE is dead" comment that has been floating around the forum based on anything in particular? And could someone tell me if Knights in the Nightmare is 100% playable.
KITN is playable, 100% or not i don't know but from the 2 hours that i've tried, it works fine.

and where did you actually get your 'announcement on EDGE's website" from?? the news page doesnt say anything about that

Crest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Thanks very much. I guess I'll get an EDGE then. I meant the last firmware update was 16 / 3 / 2009. I dunno if EDGE development has halted or not.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like said above, the current firmware supports all games up to date. So there's no need to give us an update unless they release a cool feature like real-time save....(still waiting
dry.gif
)

If a game ever comes out in the next week or month and it doesn't work on EDGE, then the EDGE team will support us and give us a firmware update to make that game work.
smile.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Like said above, the current firmware supports all games up to date. So there's no need to give us an update unless they release a cool feature like real-time save....(still waiting
dry.gif
)

If a game ever comes out in the next week or month and it doesn't work on EDGE, then the EDGE team will support us and give us a firmware update to make that game work.
smile.gif

So have I
biggrin.gif

and for the above posts, for the love of everything that has to do with gaming, go get firmware 1.45 and update your EDGE firmware, all games work, no problem
yaynds.gif
+ :yayEDGE:

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Better than doing a compatibility list...

With the EDGE you just need to do a non-compatibility list:

So far i just know:
-GTA
-Chrono trigger (E).
-Kingdom Hearts.

EDGE compatibility stay anyway one of the best i've seen (almost like cycloDS), if the kernel was upgraded more often, it would rocks.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boudincaca said:
Better than doing a compatibility list...

With the EDGE you just need to do a non-compatibility list:

So far i just know:
-GTA
-Chrono trigger (E).
-Kingdom Hearts.

EDGE compatibility stay anyway one of the best i've seen (almost like cycloDS), if the kernel was upgraded more often, it would rocks.

With firmware 1.45 GTA,and Chrono Trigger (E) will work, if the (E) release didn't work it would be becasue the EDGE team didn't impliment the Anit-piracy update in their firmware update, if that's the case just play the (J) release. As for Kingdom hearts, i haven't played it yet, or bothered trying, but you should be able to get it up and running one you have patched it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: