Hacking Edge-ish and stuff

yo_shi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I've for a while wanted to get a slot 1 flash card for my dsl, but couldn't figure out what was real (clones and all) and whether they'd work or not. So I finally sat down and did some research. I put the Search button to use (I'm a frequent forum user sooo... you know the story. =]) So I've decided on an Edge, simply because I decided to either get the CycloDS Evo or Edge. But because of the price.. and I'm not super pushed to need the extra stuff (the tin packaging is pretty sweet.
rolleyes.gif
) So I've found www.dealextreme.com (if mentioning other stores are not allowed, I do apologize.) and it's pretty cheap (so is an microsd card) and has a few things I want.

So. I plan on getting at least an 2gb microsd card.. At the site I mentioned, they have a Japanese version of the the Kingston 2gb card for pretty cheap. Does the different region matter? Dealextreme Kingston MicroSD

A bit about myself... I'm a homeschooled senior in the USA.. I'm definitely more skill-toys oriented, and mostly enjoy yoyoing as my main hobby (hence my name. =]) and I can also juggle a bit, and spin tops too. I'm looking into diabolos too and a few others too. But yoyoing is definitely what I live for.
rolleyes.gif
I really though am willing to try anything. I'll gladly play sports or even try sewing. (with a sewing machine that is.. =] and making these: www.stupidcreatures.com) I'd like to get into graphic design too. I made my avatar in GIMP and Inkscape.

I love the Nintendo DS. I'm a pretty hard-core Nintendo gamer but.. I'm limited to only handhelds so I've only had a GBC and on to NDS. I really hope to get a NDSi too when it comes out in my region. I mostly play MKDS, and yes, I do snake.
biggrin.gif
I used to be pretty consistent on the Nintendo MKDS forum. I also enjoy NSMB, MPH, LoZ:PH and a few others.

Well... gotta run and hope that the power stays on permanently! (We had a ice storm recently in the New England.)

~yo! shi!

MirageStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yo_shi said:
So. I plan on getting at least an 2gb microsd card.. At the site I mentioned, they have a Japanese version of the the Kingston 2gb card for pretty cheap. Does the different region matter? Dealextreme Kingston MicroSD

The 2gb micro SD from DX works fine as i've also purchased an EDGE with it as well
yaynds.gif

And late welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoyed lurking as much as i do
ph34r.gif

Crowbanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did we really need the auto-biography..?
Lmfao..

Yes, the card will work, it is kind of illrelevant that it wouldn't, considering that DS is region-free.

yo_shi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MirageStrike said:
The 2gb micro SD from DX works fine as i've also purchased an EDGE with it as well
yaynds.gif

And late welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoyed lurking as much as i do
ph34r.gif

Hahah... thanks! I've really only lurked for a few days. =]

And.. I guess it was kinda lame putting my little intro here but, I figured I'd save the thread, and mash them together.

~yo! shi!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Welcome to the forums, anyway that card will work well, but remember that the EDGE can take SDHC i.e. id go for a slightly bigger Micro SD, the change in price is only a few dollars.

yo_shi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
Welcome to the forums, anyway that card will work well, but remember that the EDGE can take SDHC i.e. id go for a slightly bigger Micro SD, the change in price is only a few dollars.

I just realized what SDHC means, so I'll be sure to at least get the 4gb, but I'll probably get the 8 and be all set for a long time. =]

~yo! shi!

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I actually just got an edge myself as well. I ended up buying a 4 gig microsd card and having no issues so far. *crosses fingers*.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDGE owner since October i think its a great cart, it plays every thing i throw at it. no problems so far, comes in a cool ∆ shaped box. It has worked in all current versions of the DS in exception to the DS-I.Its a great starter card and no real tech experience is needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F