Failure is success if we learn from it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
As i want to do a international shipping in ebay.The product tells:
4.International buyers please note:
a.Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are buyer’s responsibility. We will try our best to reduce the risk of the custom duties.
b.Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.

Will the product reach me correctly.What does it mean?Do i have to spend extra money for something.

My location:India.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's a chance that the postoffice might withhold your package and open it.
If they decide it's worth more then what's written on the box, they will apply taxes to it and send it your way.

It'll reach you, either for the total price or extra thanks to taxes.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it says shipping free.Then should i spend money.Thanks for reply.
Ya, the shipping cost does not include the import/duty/tax charges.

If you can get hold of the seller and tell him to send you the item as "gift" and mark it as low value, you can get away from the charges. (but bare in mind, customs do open packages sometimes)

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
My total=29euro
How much should i spend for this.
Thanks for the reply.
Is it really a little extra of the original price.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Depends on what your country allows for max value that can be imported freely.
Could be that they are going to apply taxes at anything above 25.

Your only hope is to see if the seller sends it as a gift or not.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure they all do to avoid import duties.

I ordered a very multiple large items from china weighing 25kg and it was listed as a "free sample" and value was under $100 when I payed way more.
I payed no taxes/import fees.

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Best idea.I really wanted to get only one item by foreign shipping,the other products i get here in my country but a little costly.I think the little costly will be cheap now.
Ok the one item i want ship from foreign costs 16euro and 14euro(Royal Mail Standard)for shipping.Will this cost me tax.Please reply.

I'm pretty sure they all do to avoid import duties.

I ordered a very multiple large items from china weighing 25kg and it was listed as a "free sample" and value was under $100 when I payed way more.
I payed no taxes/import fees.
I don't know what will they do in other countries.

Last edited by Vishnoo,

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Guess it KJ1.You know it.

Wii motherboard.

Very sorry product(14 euro) shipping(7.50 euro,Royal Standard Mail)

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Guess it KJ1.You know it.

Wii motherboard.
Oh okay haha.. In my opinion, it won't cost/result in tax, cuz, its weight is not too much iirc..
Just to be sure, you can contact the seller and ask him to mark it as a gift and mark it as a low value as other users recommended..
Also, in my opinion, you should buy a used wii, they cost around 3000 to 5000 Rs..

Last edited by KJ1,

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Oh okay haha.. In my opinion, it won't cost/result in tax, cuz, its weight is not too much iirc..
Just to be sure, you can contact the seller and ask him to mark it as a gift and mark it as a low value as other users recommended..
Also, in my opinion, you should buy a used wii, they don't cost much now.. around 3000 to 5000 Rs..
Really i have heard much users recommend this.But i think i can learn a little engineering or electrical parts when i change a motherboard.I think the old motherboard will help the future.

Really what does it mean by mark as a gift.If it is marked as a gift will it reach me throgh ebay or directly from seller.
Thanks for help.

I don't need to worry about talking to the seller.He gives me reply through email in just a day.

Last edited by Vishnoo,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Best idea.I really wanted to get only one item by foreign shipping,the other products i get here in my country but a little costly.I think the little costly will be cheap now.
Ok the one item i want ship from foreign costs 16euro and 14euro(Royal Mail Standard)for shipping.Will this cost me tax.Please reply.

I don't know what will they do in other countries.
You will have to check how much you can import without paying import tax in your country, as it is different for each country. For example here the limit is 350 NOK (~€35) including shipping, anything above that is charged 25% tax plus a standard fee.
The limit is higher here if the package is marked as gift (there is a "Gift" checkbox on the customs declaration form), hence why some people have said to get the seller to mark it as gift, but it might not be the same in your country, you will have to look up how it works there.

You can ask the seller to write a lower value on the package before ordering to avoid import tax, this is not completely legal to do but I've done it myself. Big online retailers are usually not willing to do this (except Chinese ones who usually do it even if you don't ask them to), eBay sellers are usually more willing though.
It's not a guarantee that you will avoid import tax as they can often tell from the contents description if something is worth a lot more than what they claim, or they could check the invoice which is often stuck to the outside of the box, or in some cases they will even open the box, but 99% of the time you will be fine unless it's something that's obviously worth more, like a modern game console.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Or what you can do is get an old wii probably up for repairs and use its motherboard for repairing your own wii..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Vishnoo You might be able to find those on olx and ebay..

Reactions: Vishnoo

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I understand why you keep on recommending a used motherboard.You mean i can get a used wii in my location itself and there is no need for foreign shipping.But i really want a used and a durable and worthable thing for the money.The seller told me that he sells motherboards which are tested before shipping.He also said that non-durable parts are also replaced.

Please can you reply to :
Will the product reach safely without damage?
Is marking as a gift illegal or not?

Or what you can do is get an old wii probably up for repairs and use its motherboard for repairing your own wii..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Vishnoo You might be able to find those on olx and ebay..

I have seen used wii on ebay only a little cost more.But sorry i am not interested.

Last edited by Vishnoo,

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I understand why you keep on recommending a used motherboard.You mean i can get a used wii in my location itself and there is no need for foreign shipping.But i really want a used and a durable and worthable thing for the money.The seller told me that he sells motherboards which are tested before shipping.He also said that non-durable parts are also replaced.

Please can you reply to :
Will the product reach safely without damage?
Is marking as a gift illegal or not?
Yeah, that's why I recommended a used one..

Also, product should reach safely to you depending on the shipping, if you don't receive the product, you can file a ebay gurantee claim..
I don't see why marking as a gift would be illegal, but just to be sure, wait for other users to reply who have personally used it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse