Gaming Ebay Vita

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's from a new seller account, but yeah... It's the same products that the guy sold before. I am beggining to think that they're selling stolen products

Even if they are stolen and we all still get them...We'd never know it was stolen, maybe he is a crazy billionaire who thinks the world will end. lol

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm not sure why anyone would think it is not worth the risk. Even if it was for a $100.

In the end, if it doesn't work out, you'll get your money back. There is no way for the seller to scam anyone.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
It could just be a numbers game assuming that enough people won't actually ask for their money back for the scam (as well as the effort of making a new account every time it gets nuked) to be worth it for the "seller".

At the same time, if you know you can get your money back there's no risk ... as long as you understand you could get something sent to you that's no where NEAR being a Vita.
Even if he sends you something else, it may still be basis for you to get your money back (I hate to suggest a chargeback because I'm connected enough with the industry to know how much of a pain it is to be on the receiving end of one of those, legit or not, but if you paid with a credit or debit card, not receiving what you were told you would definitely qualifies for you to win a chargeback claim. ... and I think he'd deserve it if it's anything short of a good clone.)

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the general consensus on this? Fake or not? Worth the risk?

Considering, the first listing was from a seller with over 900 positive reviews, real or fake, for 16 its worth the risk. The second one may be the same guy but that 0 next to the name makes me way more weary to actually pull the trigger on that. Did anyone realize how most of the feedback from the first guys sales were for items that were less than $10 and most of them were desktop wallpapers.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While at first I was scavenging up some change, now I'm not going to pay up.

What I believe is going on is the following.;

eBAY seller created an account sold a bunch of low end items such as wallpaper. Slowly building his credit on eBAY. Once you get enough credit eBAY doesn't hold the funds from your transactions until the buyer receives said item. So he pulls off this Vita for $15.99 deal, as well as some more deals like a 3TB HDD for $16.99. Having over 200 items sold. Over $3000 cash for just 200 alone. Sends funds to alternate paypal account once the payments go through, and goes on his merry way.

Of course it is just $16. And there's eBAY Buyer Protection for you all.

My initial thought was that he's going to send something other than a Vita, and people are going to just say screw it. Since here in the US shipping to China can be somewhat costly. Spending $20 to ship back a $16 purchase isn't that bright. So people won't care, won't file a dispute, and then the guy is $16 richer for every item sold.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you guys get a Vita. (My girlfriend ordered two of the Vita's as well.) But from my standpoint this doesn't seem valid anymore. eBAY closing his account confirmed it, at least for me. Now my two questions would be. Why undersell a Vita? Shoot, you could post Vita's for $50 and they'd still sell like hotcakes. My other one is how will he get his funds directly instead of having eBAY hold them if he is using that new account. eBAY does let you have multiple account, and a call to them letting you know that you've already got an account with good standing will make it so eBAY bypasses the holding of funds limit on the new account.

That is all.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
While at first I was scavenging up some change, now I'm not going to pay up.

What I believe is going on is the following.;

eBAY seller created an account sold a bunch of low end items such as wallpaper. Slowly building his credit on eBAY. Once you get enough credit eBAY doesn't hold the funds from your transactions until the buyer receives said item. So he pulls off this Vita for $15.99 deal, as well as some more deals like a 3TB HDD for $16.99. Having over 200 items sold. Over $3000 cash for just 200 alone. Sends funds to alternate paypal account once the payments go through, and goes on his merry way.

Of course it is just $16. And there's eBAY Buyer Protection for you all.

My initial thought was that he's going to send something other than a Vita, and people are going to just say screw it. Since here in the US shipping to China can be somewhat costly. Spending $20 to ship back a $16 purchase isn't that bright. So people won't care, won't file a dispute, and then the guy is $16 richer for every item sold.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you guys get a Vita. (My girlfriend ordered two of the Vita's as well.) But from my standpoint this doesn't seem valid anymore. eBAY closing his account confirmed it, at least for me. Now my two questions would be. Why undersell a Vita? Shoot, you could post Vita's for $50 and they'd still sell like hotcakes. My other one is how will he get his funds directly instead of having eBAY hold them if he is using that new account. eBAY does let you have multiple account, and a call to them letting you know that you've already got an account with good standing will make it so eBAY bypasses the holding of funds limit on the new account.

That is all.

Good points on all bases, but again, I don't see why anyone won't just try.
You get the wrong item or don't get anything at all, you'd get your money back.

So why not try? 0.0001% reward, but 0 risk

Or am I missing something here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?