Gaming Ebay Vita

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh well. Good thing my Paypal-linked credit card expired and have yet to receive my new card. Otherwise I'd have to file for a refund. Guess the old saying is true; "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. "

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you open a case? or are you directly contacting them?

Just about to retract my buy it now, I'm at the page where I can do that. But I'm wondering, maybe it was only taken down cuz someone reported him for suspicious pricing? Maybe I should wait a little before retracting? I dunno.

D

Deleted User

Just about to retract my buy it now, I'm at the page where I can do that. But I'm wondering, maybe it was only taken down cuz someone reported him for suspicious pricing? Maybe I should wait a little before retracting? I dunno.
how did you do that?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the point of retraction, I receive this message: "Looks like you're not buying or selling this item. Choose another item, or look up an item number in My eBay."
Looks like everyone who bought it now likely received their money back in their accounts. I'll have to check my account again tomorrow, but seems like eBay is probably on top of this.

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At the point of retraction, I receive this message: "Looks like you're not buying or selling this item. Choose another item, or look up an item number in My eBay."
Looks like everyone who bought it now likely received their money back in their accounts. I'll have to check my account again tomorrow, but seems like eBay is probably on top of this.
same here... I had just placed an order 15 minutes ago... Perhaps it is much to early for ebay to accept a cancelled purchase. I am not sure if I agree that this message means that Ebay is on top of this scam...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under my eBay messages:

s.gif

s.gif

s.gif

s.gif

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

150985284862 - New PS Vita WiFi Console + Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified +4GB Memory Card

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

Here's what you can do next:

-- If you already paid, received your item, and you're satisfied, please disregard this notice.
-- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay removed the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.
-- If you already paid for this item through eBay, and it's past the estimated delivery time, you can open a case in our Resolution Center. Click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process of opening a case.
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly discourage you from accepting the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and aren't covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay or PayPal, and:
-- You paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400 ).
-- You paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.

Thanks,

eBay

So eBay removed it. I'm just gonna wait until the start of March, seems like it could still ship, again not holding my breath, but I wont file a complaint until the start of March. Clearly someone reported the guy, but it could still all be legit.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone probably got freaked out, and reported the auction. Now eBay has to make an investigation. Just wait it out. You'll get your money back if it's found to be a fraud, or have the item shipped out ~March, if its legit.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This also is what people say about the security notice: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=5100086272&rw=true&anticache=1359093441480

Seems the user may have been NARU. Regardless, the advice I keep seeing is, if you don't receive the item by the estimated shipping (my email stated by the 28th of February) then you should file a claim. So at the start of March, if I don't receive word, I'll try and get my money back then, it could still be legit. Not holding any breath, but still not completely ruling it out.

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i opened a case with paypal and await the person's reply to my message. This is what I wrote on my dispute claim:

I dispute this claim because you have deactivated your ebay account just minutes after I made a paypal payment and I have no way of reaching you. Your posting was likely a scam. If this is indeed not a scam than please provide me with more tangeable contact information other than an e-mail address and please provide me with a shipping number for my product.

I will let you know if he posts a reply.

For those of you who say you are going to wait... you seem to be incredibly optimistic on this one. I realize you are not taking risks due to buyers protection but I still would at atleast keep a record of your doubts via paypal by filing a dispute. Doing does not cancel the order (at the slim chance that it is legit) but forces the seller to answer you. This, in itself might give me more assurance that the seller didn't just dissapear.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i opened a case with paypal and await the person's reply to my message. This is what I wrote on my dispute claim:

I dispute this claim because you have deactivated your ebay account just minutes after I made a paypal payment and I have no way of reaching you. Your posting was likely a scam. If this is indeed not a scam than please provide me with more tangeable contact information other than an e-mail address and please provide me with a shipping number for my product.

I will let you know if he posts a reply.

For those of you who say you are going to wait... you seem to be incredibly optimistic on this one. I realize you are not taking risks due to buyers protection but I still would at atleast keep a record of your doubts via paypal by filing a dispute. Doing does not cancel the order (at the slim chance that it is legit) but forces the seller to answer you. This, in itself might give me more assurance that the seller didn't just dissapear.

You have 45 days to file a claim. My email said expected delivery by February 28th. March 1st is 36 days away. I'll have well over a week of time to file a claim if nothing has come by that point. Nothing to really worry about. This listing was removed because of eBay, not because the guy was trying to make a run for it, seems someone found the listing suspcious (as we all did to some degree) and he was reported. Nothing has actually changed in my mind.

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have 45 days to file a claim. My email said expected delivery by February 28th. March 1st is 36 days away. I'll have well over a week of time to file a claim if nothing has come by that point. Nothing to really worry about. This listing was removed because of eBay, not because the guy was trying to make a run for it, seems someone found the listing suspcious (as we all did to some degree) and he was reported. Nothing has actually changed in my mind.

That seems like a fair response... perhaps I overreacted. i hope that I didn't anger the seller by accusing him of fraud and it turns out its legit. That would be a heck of a deal to miss out on! I never really had this kind of think happen to me on ebay so the panic buttons lit up quick. ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."