Hacking Ebay Hori DSi Screen Protectors

klumzypinoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, new member here. I was checking out some Hori DSi screen protectors on ebay, and found a really cheap one. $1.98 and free shipping. The seller has good feedback, so I bought 2 since they're so cheap. Here's the item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D1&_rdc=1

If the link doesn't work here's the item number: 270373608577

From some research, I see there's fake Hori DS Lite screen protectors. Does anybody think this is a fake DSi Hori protector? I'll take pictures once I get them in and start opening them up. Well, I'm hoping they're real, but they can be fake as well. If they're fake, then hopefully I can help save some people from buying them. Thanks for any feedback.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
judging just by the price and the fact that they're from hong kong, they're most likely to be fake. if they are, don't worry, they were less than $2. if they don't scratch within 20 minutes of playing a touch screen heavy game (i'm talking eba, twewy etc.) then your lucky. you'll be amazed by the number of scratches you'll get in the first 20 minutes of playing a touch screen heavy game
smile.gif

klumzypinoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply hamotem. Yeah, I'll see how long it will take for the screen to start scratching. I hope I'm lucky though.

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought authentic ones from amazon for $8 and they are worth the price. No air bubbles and the screen is super smooth
smile.gif

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For that price. It's a fake. Get one from Play-Asia or Amazon which are 100% genuine. Doesn't matter if they have good feedback, usually people who buy screen protectors from ebay don't know the difference between a fake or real one anyways so they would leave a positive feedback. I bought one for 2 bucks from somebody in Hong Kong with 100% positive feedback and it turned out to be fake. I saw scratches even before I used my stylus on it, the labels were written in poor English (real one has only Japanese letters), came in a resealable bag (real one is non resealable), and had a brownish tint to it (real one is clear).

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I find odd is that prior to Amazon getting the DSi Horis, I ordered the Japanese Horis from Play-Asia. They left horrible air bubbles and really ruined the screen contrast, especially in sunlight. I just got in a set from Amazon (with English instructions) and they are perfect. Very clear and no bubbles. I'm not sure if the set I got from Play-Asia were anti-glare or something special as I don't read Japanese, but I'm glad I tried the ones from Amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E