Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: Windows only though it might work through wineskin
Features:
  • Quick unpacking of .nus3bank files
  • Lists the .idsps (tracks) from the .nus3bank
  • Allows you to select any number of them and replace with any WAV, OGG, BRSTM, BCSTM, or BFSTRM file that is automatically converted to idsp and replaced in the opened nus3bank
  • Easy to use GUI, no need for repetitive command line tasks
  • NOTE: This does not allow you to add music slots.
Future features I am looking into:
  • Looping support (Can be done with a looping BRSTM at the moment)
  • Sound previewing (Can be done with foobar and vgmstream)
  • Other minor features
If you are familiar with the idsp file format or can point me to some documentation that would greatly help. Right now due to the lack of looping this is not very amazing for music but it is very good for SFX. If you want to use a custom idsp with this tool hit replace then select the file type idsp instead of wav.

Usage:
Install Python 2.7 if you don't already have it. Unzip into any directory. Run _NUS3BANK Editor.pyw Hit file > open and select the nus3bank you want to edit. A list of idsp's should pop up. Select as many as you want then hit replace and select the WAV, OGG, BRSTM, BCSTM, BFSTRM or IDSP you want to replace that sound with.

5ff1Lyx.png

N8T3nSI.png

JnMsjJO.png

Functions of things:
  • File > Open NUS3BANK - opens the nus3bank for editing
  • Replace button - replace all selected idsps with a WAV, idsp, ogg, brstm, etc.
  • Open IDSP button - open first selected idsp in default program (suggestion: foobar2000 with vgmstream plugin) if you have not assigned a program it will prompt you to pick one.
  • Export to WAV button - export all selected IDSPs to /nus3bankeditor/<Name of *.nus3bank>/<name of *.idsp>.wav
  • Open as playlist button - opens a playlist of idsps in the .m3u format

Feel free to report any bugs, issues, or suggestions you have here. I just want to make this as useful for you guys as possible.
Thanks to Y.2.K. for helping me out with testing.
Huge thanks to Soneek for the backbone of this tool.
Thanks to BlueDan for adding a lot playlist support and better error handling.

Edit 5/14/2016: Version 1.1 has been uploaded, download link has been updated. Fixed some issues with renamed nus3bank's not properly opening, added the ability to import idsp's and a few smaller bug fixes.
Edit 5/15/2016: Version 1.3 has been uploaded, download link has been updated. Added support for BRSTMs, BCSTMs, BFSTMs and OGGs. Added more debugging related features. Fixed bugs nobody cares about.
Edit 5/18/2016: Version 1.5 has been uploaded, download link has been updated. Added the ability to open idsps from within the tool through the default IDSP opener. To set this up install a something that can listen to idsps (example: foobar2000+vgmstream) and open an idsp in any way, when prompted select open with foobar (or whatever program you want)
Edit 5/21/2016: Version 1.6 has been uploaded, download link has been updated. Added an "Export to WAV" option. Just select the IDSPs to export and hit the button and it will export to /nus3bankeditor/<Name of *.nus3bank>/<name of *.idsp>.wav this does support doing multiple at once.
Edit 5/22/2016: Version 1.7 has been uploaded, download link has been updated. Added playlist support (and open in playlist option) by BlueDan. Also fixed a bug with certain nus3banks not properly opening.
Edit 5/25/2016: Version 1.8 has been uploaded, download link has been updated. Added better error handling by BlueDan.
Edit 5/30/2016: Version 1.96 is the current download.
Edit 10/26/2016: Link updated to @BDS' github (BlueDan's) as he is, and has, been the lead of the project since Early June.

Last edited by jam1garner,

shonnh1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded python and the some files have changed to the python logo. I put a brstm file into the sm4shidspbuild file and got a IDSP file. The problem is when I click the _NUS3BANK Editor.pyw file nothing happens. Am I missing something?

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded python and the some files have changed to the python logo. I put a brstm file into the sm4shidspbuild file and got a IDSP file. The problem is when I click the _NUS3BANK Editor.pyw file nothing happens. Am I missing something?
1. Are you sure you installed python 2.7 and not python 3?
2. If you are sure it is python 2.7 then right click > open in IDLE > hit f5 to run it. This will run with a console, tell me what errors pop up.

shonnh1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Python 2.7.11 yesterday. When I right click the file it it says edit in IDLE, I click it and nothing happens. hitting f5 afterwards does nothing either. Do I need to uninstall 2.7.11 version and install 2.7.0 or try something else? Sorry for the late reply, had to go to the bathroom.

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Python 2.7.11 yesterday. When I right click the file it it says edit in IDLE, I click it and nothing happens. hitting f5 afterwards does nothing either. Do I need to uninstall 2.7.11 version and install 2.7.0 or try something else? Sorry for the late reply, had to go to the bathroom.
I am not sure how to fix this, perhaps a re-installation of python 2.7.11 (that is also the version I am on) might fix your issue.

Honestly this is the best, it makes everything so easy lol! Thanks a lot
Glad you like it!

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error trying to open the narrator voice file.

'nus3bank.py' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

also

IndexError: list index out of range

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

shonnh1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Are you sure you installed python 2.7 and not python 3?
2. If you are sure it is python 2.7 then right click > open in IDLE > hit f5 to run it. This will run with a console, tell me what errors pop up.
I got it to work, just to uninstall then reinstall it. Thank you!

TSSableye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Features:
  • Quick unpacking of .nus3bank files
  • Lists the .idsps (tracks) from the .nus3bank
  • Allows you to select any number of them and replace with any WAV file that is automatically converted to idsp and replaced in the opened nus3bank
  • Easy to use GUI, no need for repetitive command line tasks
  • NOTE: This does not allow you to add music slots.
Future features I am looking into:
  • Looping support
  • Sound previewing
  • Other minor features
If you are familiar with the idsp file format or can point me to some documentation that would greatly help. Right now due to the lack of looping this is not very amazing for music but it is very good for SFX. If you want to use a custom idsp with this tool just select a wav of the same name and it will use the prebuilt idsp. (Just create a new txt and rename it as "nameofidsp.wav". Sorry for this inconvenience, but I will look into improving this process.

5ff1Lyx.png

N8T3nSI.png

JnMsjJO.png

Feel free to report any bugs, issues, or suggestions you have here. I just want to make this as useful for you guys as possible.
Thanks to Y.2.K. for helping me out with testing.

Edit 5/14/2016: Version 1.1 has been uploaded, download link has been updated. Fixed some issues with renamed nus3bank's not properly opening, added the ability to import idsp's and a few smaller bug fixes.

You sir, are my hero.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to listen to Sonic's SFX (seeing if I can make a Brawl Sonic [someone on GameBanana made one, but it was glitched]). I've was able to listen to the "ouen" sounds (audience chants) once extracted, but I can't listen to his for some reason. They did extract to IDSP format, but they don't play in Winamp

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to listen to Sonic's SFX (seeing if I can make a Brawl Sonic [someone on GameBanana made one, but it was glitched]). I've was able to listen to the "ouen" sounds (audience chants) once extracted, but I can't listen to his for some reason. They did extract to IDSP format, but they don't play in Winamp
Most (maybe all) media players don't support idsp so you'll have to use a plugin. Most people use foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin so I'd suggest trying that.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
(Hate to double post, but...)
I've been having problems trying to make a voice pack for Sonic. However, I've tried importing all the WAV files over what I want them to replace, and it didn't change anything when loaded in game.

I've noticed that the nus3bank doesn't save after I load a file over one of the sounds in his nus3bank...

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Hate to double post, but...)
I've been having problems trying to make a voice pack for Sonic. However, I've tried importing all the WAV files over what I want them to replace, and it didn't change anything when loaded in game.

I've noticed that the nus3bank doesn't save after I load a file over one of the sounds in his nus3bank...
I doubt this is the case, but make sure you have an idsp selected and then hit replace. If that doesn't fix it hmu through the Wii U Hacks discord as I can better figure out the issue if we can have an ongoing/real time discussion, luckily after the most recent update I have some good debugging tools setup so I should be able to figure out the solution quick.

SparkleLanturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to run _NUS3BANK Editor.pyw it just gives me invalid syntax. I have no idea what I'm doing because I've never used Python before so can you help me out?

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to run _NUS3BANK Editor.pyw it just gives me invalid syntax. I have no idea what I'm doing because I've never used Python before so can you help me out?
Make sure you are on Python 2.7 (not Python 3) and are running the newest version of the nus3bank editor as I did have a version up with a syntax error for about 5 minutes. If those don't fix your issues message me again.

I get this error trying to open the narrator voice file.

'nus3bank.py' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

also

IndexError: list index out of range
I am so sorry I missed your message at first. Make sure you are running _NUS3BANK Editor.pyw and not nus3bank.py

AdamMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU
ARE
MY
SAVIOR
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I've been trying endlessly to get that BRSTM > IDSP > NUS3BANK process to work, but it looks like this program eliminated the middle step altogether.
And it only took two whole days of searching

Last edited by AdamMilk,

iAmFr33man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you can only convert WMVs to IDSPs but I'm trying to drag and drop a BTRSM file to sm4shidspbuild.bat and it's giving me an error. First it opens up tempoWrite.py then it gives me this error.
Untitled.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun