Earthworm Jim iPhone remake trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Oct 15, 2009.

Oct 15, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I've reported recently that the first Earthworm Jim was being remade for download services- iPhone, WiiWare, Xbox Live, PSN, etc. The first video of the remake from the iPhone version has been released. According to sources, the iPhone version will be identical to the others, but just have a look-

Honestly, I'm a little skeptical here. This version is said to keep the new levels seen in the Sega CD/Win95 version. But in some ways, despite the upgraded graphics, the old versions look better. There were some neat transparent fog effects as well as some nice scrolling and water effects that don't seem to be in this version. Of course this is just the iPhone version, but I kind of expected more. They might update it even more for the bigger consoles like Xbox, Playstation, and Wii. Too early to tell there I guess. But I actually might just stick with the old 16bit versions in the end.

EDIT- Oh and I think i hate Jim's new voice. No offense to the actor or anyone who likes it, but the old one fit him so much better...

2. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ehhhh... I like the SNES and Genesis version better. I like the new graphics but something seems weird with it.

3. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Actually looks pretty good, may pick this up.

4. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I never did get into these games myself ._. They felt generic to me. I dunno.