Earthworm Jim 4 Wii-bound

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Apr 30, 2010.

Apr 30, 2010

Earthworm Jim 4 Wii-bound by granville at 2:20 AM (852 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    No screens or any sort of video, but today, the creator of Earthworm Jim announced that the fourth title in the series would be coming to the Nintendo Wii. The first game in the series was recently released on DSiWare and iPhone. There is also supposed to be a high resolution remake in development for the download services of all three major consoles (PSN, Xbox Live, and WiiWare). There was also a canned PSP remake using 3D visuals but still sidescrolling.

The Earthworm Jim has not received a real main entry in the series since Earthworm Jim 3D for the N64 and PC back in 1999. The game was not as well received as the previous two games in the series, which were released to critical acclaim on 16bit systems in the mid-1990's. At one time, the series was so popular, it spawned a popular saturday morning cartoon series. EWJ 1 and 2 boasted amazing cartoon visuals when they first came out and are still considered classics. They also had a very distinct sense of humor that mirrored quirky and insane cartoons of the time not unlike Ren and Stimpy, etc.

Talk of a revival has been going on for years. Hopefully this means that the series will finally return to its former glory. Let's hope this is the case. [​IMG]

This news was brought to you by the creator of EWJ himself, Doug TenNapel. No word if Shiny Entertainment will be returning to develop the game or anything else really, just that it's coming to Wii. Perhaps this sudden announcement means we're due for some information soon. Perhaps at E3 in June, I hope!

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=122100

2. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, bring it...

Hopefully it will be an Earthworm Jim for the present, rather than attempting to rely heavily on outdated conventions.

3. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Well this is annoying, looks like the news source was full of shit, as the person who is quoted as announcing this has just said he didn't say anything of the sort about EWJ4...

I truly hate misinformation and bullshit journalism. And making me post it when it was all made up... I guess we can close this topic since it was bullshit. >_>

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=122195

4. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I loved Earthworm Jim, a new game would be awesome, but doubt it will ever happen [​IMG]