Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mirrors-edge-faith-100510.jpg
Edge Games founder Tim Langdell may have picked on someone a little too big. According to court documents obtained by IndustryGamers, EA has won a crucial legal decision over Langdell, following a court's denial to grant his motion for an injunction that would have taken away the publisher's rights to the "Mirror's Edge" game title.

Since 2001, when he sought legal action against Namco for its "Soul Edge" game, Langdell has been filing lawsuits that target companies, including indie developer Mobigame, that incorporate the word "Edge" in their game titles. Langdell claims trademark rights to the word "Edge," staking his case against EA on the existence of his studio's fishy, "forthcoming" release, "MIRRORS a game by EDGE." (Prior to the release of Racers this year for PC, Edge Games had not published a game since 1994.)

The court, however, believes that Langdell lied to the US Patent and Trademark Office and has been "trolling" the industry for opportunities to license his dubious trademark. The court also suggests that these actions could warrant "criminal penalties."[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Joystiq)

stupid troll

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I still can't believe that Cross Edge stopped being recognized by NIS America as "existing" due to Langdell. Hopefully now things will go right once again.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
shinkukage09 said:
I hereby copyright. the letters A, E, I, O, and U. All of you now owe me money.

Sorry, I have copyrights on the word "The" which contains the letter E, also making that my copyright.

Sorry, but I have copyrights on the English language. You all owe me lots of money.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BloodyFlame said:
TwinRetro said:
shinkukage09 said:

Sorry, I have copyrights on the word "The" which contains the letter E, also making that my copyright.

Sorry, but I have copyrights on the English language. You all owe me lots of money.

That's fine, Binary copyrighted. You all owe me your computers and shiz.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh finally. I heard about this Langdell guy being an asshole about "Edge" a while ago and now he got owned by EA.
laugh.gif

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
how stupid is he?? trolling a big company like EA and he did that before that too!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ einstein

shinkukage09 said:
BloodyFlame said:
TwinRetro said:
shinkukage09 said:

That's fine, Binary copyrighted. You all owe me your computers and shiz.
i just copyrighted the word "earth", now humanity owes me a lot of shit

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shinkukage09 said:
k thn
:crp:

QUOTE(Range-TE @ Oct 6 2010, 08:32 AM) i just copyrighted the word "earth", now humanity owes me a lot
The joke's on you, I live on Sol 3.
Not that I claim to be human anyway.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How come Tim Langdel failed on his attempt to copyright the word "Edge" when that stupid whore Paris Hilton succeed in copyrighting the phrase "That's Hot" ?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanas said:
How come Tim Langdel failed on his attempt to copyright the word "Edge" when that stupid whore Paris Hilton succeed in copyrighting the phrase "That's Hot" ?
Because Tim Langdell sleeping with the entire patent office doesn't quite have the same effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE