EA ending the Command & Conquer Tiberium Series..

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by konner920, Jun 26, 2009.

1. konner920
    OP

Newcomer konner920 Member

United States
    Yeah. its true. their ending the Tiberium series with C&C4.

But hopefully Red Alert will go on.

Anyways. As you guys know of their... 3 bad C&C games they released starting with Generals..

They have basically ruined the C&C series.

Heres proof from their survey they have sent out if you get the C&C news letter.

* Play in the first ever class-based C&C game - a new challenge for C&C and RTS players to master

* Introducing the first mobile base in RTS games: The Crawler. Focus on the action as the Crawler becomes your all-in-one base, which can be deployed and redeployed anywhere on the battlefield for even more strategic options

* Play in the first RTS game with MMORPG like player progression in which you are rewarded every time you play. Every unit you kill in single player, multiplayer, or skirmish gives you experience points that allows you to level up your abilities and unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to your arsenal.

* Play in epic 5 vs 5 online multiplayer with all new objective-based game modes

* Play with all new, bigger and badder, units from GDI and Nod, including the Crawler, the first ever mobile base in RTS games

* Play the campaign on your own or tackle it with a friend, as co-operative campaigns return

* Dive into an all-new story written by a new scriptwriting team and told through trademark C&C cinematics taken to the next level with grittier, stylized FMVs in the vein of Minority Report.

Source: http://www.totalvideogames.com/Command--Co...ears-14288.html

TO be honest. C&C 3 wasnt bad. it was actually quite fun.

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Stopped reading right there. 3 bad C&C games starting with generals? Generals was fucking awesome and the Zero Hour expansion was the shit.

You, sir, have been taken off my list of credible members.

3. konner920
    OP

United States
    Its my opinion. I didnt say no one else liked it. i thought it was terrible. I felt it ruined what command & conquer was. Do you not remember the Westwood days? Those are what command & conquer games are. Generals was made entirely different than what it should have been. Why did they even take a series such as Command & conquer and make spin off without making it LIKE command & conquer.. (Note: Renegade was a spin off but at least it was something to do with command & conquer) and generals was so short. it wasnt even fun.

And if you look at C&C 3. It looks exactly what it should have been. but it wasnt as good than when Westwood had the game. Red Alert 3 was NOT what it should have been. They took so much stuff from generals and ruined the C&C Red alert series.

I dont understand why you took that so personal.. :/

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I didn't take it personally, but Generals was a good game. Yes, it was a spin-off, and because it was a spin off it was "made entirely different to what it should have been". That's what a spin off is. Zero Hour expansion made it, though. That was the highlight.

C&C3 on the other hand? That game bored me to death, my god. So slow.

5. konner920
    OP

United States
    Yeah the Campaign for C&C 3 was boring. I just liked doing LAN mulitplayer with my friends.

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I loved C&C Generals and C&C 3. Can't see what's wrong with those games, I like them a lot more then the Red Alert series.

7. godsakes

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    C&C was gr8 in it's day but then it was virtually the only decent real time strategy game since Dune 2

but i don't think it's advanced the genre since the 1st game, Starcraft IMHO advanced the genre far more on story and gameplay (i.e. genuinely different races requiring different tactics). But the very best of the strategy genre has to be Rome Total War (ideally with the Europa Barbarorum mod)

8. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Age of Empires 2 was also a very decent RTS game if you ask me....

9. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Hell I quit paying attention with Tiberium Wars as I hated that. The only one I loved was the original as the AI wasn't out to cheap and cheat it's way to a win. You could employ strategy or do an all out war of attrition. I miss games where you could not just deal with the lame pre-destined script.

10. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I don't think they are going to kill the brand, C&C is too much of a Behemoth to just make it disappear, also Kain is an iconic character on the series, I'm think they just might reset the whole background of the story.
    Also, some of the things on that survey are natural evolutions for the classic PC RTS genre, like units earning XP.

C&C is one of my favorite game series =)

11. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Modded versions of the old games > any of the newer games
    Old school C&C is the best. [​IMG]
    But my current computer is too sucky to play the new games and too new to play the old games. [​IMG]

12. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well i really didn't like Generals as well, and no C&C game after Generals was any good -.-V

when i compare all the games i still preffer to play Red Allert 2 Yuris Revenge above all others ... only problem is that it makes problems on XP and i cannot do lan multiplayer -.- and 2 pcs of my friend cand even play it in online multiplayer.

since Generals they were only looking at the grafics and thats it ... if it would be for me they could change back to C&C 1 grafics amd concentrate on gameplay -.-