EA Cans Dead Space After Low Sales

shinryuken18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, that's weird, when I was playing it you didn't have to pay for ammo cuz it was on the ground and *GASP* THEY DIDN'T MAKE ME PAY FOR ANYTHING. :rolleyes:

If you honestly think EA is the only "corporal greedy pigsty company" then I hate to tell you this, but you are completely wrong. Hell, if you can find any game company out there whose sole purpose isn't to make money, I'll leave the internet forever.

No no no..... http://kotaku.com/5988639/rumors-of-dead-spaces-demise-are-false-says-studio read the article on Kotaku. the claims are false. Dead Space isn't going anywhere. their sales are just fine...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or has EA and Activision stuck their collective heads up their asses while blowing all their money up there in the form of cocaine, 'cause they must be High if they think every game must sell 5 million copies.
God help the "AAA" games industry

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it just me or has EA and Activision stuck their collective heads up their asses while blowing all their money up there in the form of cocaine, 'cause they must be High if they think every game must sell 5 million copies.
God help the "AAA" games industry
I don't think it's the need to sell millions, but to make a profit. While making games is nice and such, if it's not profitable in the long run, said company making the games won't be making them anymore.

If making a few CoDs can make loads of profit and allow lower selling titles to flourish, I'm all game. Just hopefully they won't start looking at the thing in a different point of view (low sales = bad to begin with).

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's the need to sell millions, but to make a profit. While making games is nice and such, if it's not profitable in the long run, said company making the games won't be making them anymore.

If making a few CoDs can make loads of profit and allow lower selling titles to flourish, I'm all game. Just hopefully they won't start looking at the thing in a different point of view (low sales = bad to begin with).

And I don't even think they need 5 million copies to make a profit on this - I'm sure the amount of copies needed to be sold for that is much, much lower. That 5 million amount seems to be more of an arbitrary gauge of the franchise's popularity - if it sells more, awesome, people are definitely interested and it's worth investing more and more into a sequel, and if it doesn't, they might figure that the interest isn't quite so strong and they're better off quitting while they're ahead.

Reactions: Qtis

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also a matter of not hitting profit expectations. Resident Evil 6 easily broke a couple million copies but it didn't reach expectations and it quickly ducked off sales-wise after reviews got out. So it sold better than most games but was still "unsuccessful".

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ehhhh not entirely true. Mirror's Edge was profitable, people have been clammoring for a sequel, so far nothing.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead Space - Awesome, a very good modern survival horror game.
Dead Space Extraction, also pretty damn good, really added something to the on rails genre.
Dead Space 2 - Ok...too many jump scares, it's alright though.
Dead Space 3 - WTF THEY BRO SHOOTERED IT?

I don't think consumers didn't want a Dead Space game, they just didn't want it to be the way EA wanted it to be. I hope the next game will go back to what people liked about the game.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dead Space - Awesome, a very good modern survival horror game.
Dead Space Extraction, also pretty damn good, really added something to the on rails genre.
Dead Space 2 - Ok...too many jump scares, it's alright though.
Dead Space 3 - WTF THEY BRO SHOOTERED IT?

I don't think consumers didn't want a Dead Space game, they just didn't want it to be the way EA wanted it to be.
That's actually Frank Gibeau's genius idea. Make everything social. Which doesn't do shit other than make him more money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ