exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
exangel said:
I find it hard to believe all of the people out of the 70/77 votes for Nintendo actually watched all three keynotes.
went without sleep for two nights in a row to watch e3 from over here in aussie land (still haven't slept yet
ohnoes.png
)
and i'm not even a hardcore gamer so i'd say you're wrong there ;p
so you can speak for all other 69 people? you missed the point

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ninty, Totally!

even Sony's precious Solid Snake is on 3DS now, 3DS stole the show IMO.
and the big name games on Wii like DKCR, Metroid, Kirby, Sonic, Mario.
and on DS too like Golden Sun, Sonic, DQ, Mario vs DK etc.

i saw all live streams aside from Sony cause i was still watching ninty's E3 network extras.
Kinect and Move's reveal just got beaten by 3DS's

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
exangel said:
mercluke said:
exangel said:
I find it hard to believe all of the people out of the 70/77 votes for Nintendo actually watched all three keynotes.
went without sleep for two nights in a row to watch e3 from over here in aussie land (still haven't slept yet
ohnoes.png
)
read the whole post next time please
smile.gif

obviously if this forum is a gaming forum and i am just a casual gamer then the majority of other forum members would have done similar, if not more extreme (watching live and re-watching stream again later, etc) then i did...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone saying that the only reason that Nintendo are winning is because this is a Nintendocentric forum find any polls on multi-platform sites where anyone other than Nintendo won?

Current GameFaqs standings:

Nintendo - 50.8%
Sony - 16.44%
Microsoft - 14.75%
They were all failures -10.77%
All three were great - 7.25%

Current IGN forum poll standings

Nintendo - 204 votes
Sony - 75 votes
Microsoft - 25 votes

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
exangel said:
mercluke said:
exangel said:
ohnoes.png
)
read the whole post next time please
smile.gif

obviously if this forum is a gaming forum and i am just a casual gamer then the majority of other forum members would have done similar, if not more extreme (watching live and re-watching stream again later, etc) then i did...

Look, in all honesty, I don't disagree that Nintendo did the best keynote. They had the most new, interesting material to present.

What I posted at the time I posted it was based on the very unlikely assumption that everyone voting had seen all three keynotes entirely.

I *did* read your whole post, and you still can't speak for everyone who had voted. Do you honestly think that because you saw them all entirely it's more likely that everyone else who voted did? It has nothing to do with whether or not you are hardcore. Interest in gaming news doesn't make you a bigger or smaller or hardcore or casual gamer.

That all said, this poll began before most people had the opportunity to review the Sony keynote, because it had just barely finished live streaming.

I'm not a big fan of praise where it's not due, and in this situation Nintendo does deserve praise. But I am also not a fan of the promotion of praise under the guise of fair comparison.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won for me, they just kept on upping the game with surprise after surprise. They hardly talked about sales and figures, they just let their hard work do the talking. They pretty much got that E3 is something that the gamers pay attention to while the mainstream press would just mention it in a little article.

Nintendo showed that they knew the weeknesses of the Wii and adapted their games to suit it in ways only Nintendo can.

Microsoft...oh man what the hell? Showing lots of Kinect stuff and expecting people would be impressed when hardly anyone seemed mildly interested with their "Wii but even more on rails" games, really not what they promised last year. Last year their Milo thing was very impressive making you think that it could be used extremely well in RPGs and adventure games but this year all that it seemed to be used for is some EyePets style title.

Those exclusive games didn't really make me glad that I got a 360, sequels to games that either didn't need sequels, already had too many sequels or were on the way too soon after previous games.

I thought the Sony one was pretty good, Sorcery looks like a Zelda beater and I think they handled the casual side as well as the gamers games side. They gave a lot of respect to the people who have supported their console for a long time as well as show that they are doing a Nintendo and looking to grab those who don't play games that often. Unlike Nintendo & Microsoft, their motion control device actually looked like it worked and I love the little digs at Microsoft buttonless device. At the same time as touting their motion control they still assured that most of their "core" games that they developed for the Move will still be made for the controller too which for me shows respect.

Unlike Microsoft, their exclusive games were ones to care about. Some nice surprises & deals that would make MS fanboys mad.

Still Nintendo games appeal to me more than Sony, these are the games that I played on NES, SNES, N64, GBA & Gamecube are coming back to the centre of Nintendo's formats like they did back then and in some cases with new ideas.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I watched all three-I even went to work late and then left early to watch sony's keynote-Nintendo Won hands down this year. Welcom Back Ninty.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with most, Nintendo's conference was te best. If they had announced a StarFox Wii game it very well may have been one of the best E3 conferences of all time
ohmy.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo was better this year. The last few years I've been pretty disappointed by their showing at E3. This year was an exception. A huge variety of titles on display and news of the 3DS was awesome.

Just slightly disappointed they didn't show more of the 3DS and give a more conclusive launch date.

daknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I go with Nintendo myself (and I watch and read about all three). I wish they had shown more footage of 3DS games (even though we couldn't appreciate the 3D effect, we could appreciated the graphics and how the games looked). All that was left in my opinion of game announcement where RPG for Wii itself. They announce platform games, Adventure, FPS, sport games and RPG for DS. A showing of 'The Last Story' or Xenoblade would had made this one THE nintendo e3 conference for me!

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new Wii games are nothing short of awesome (well, idc for the kirby game)

3DS was expected and the show was great even though of course we can't see the 3D yet. The system itself is so pretty but I hope they don't scrap that pretty blue idea..if they do I'll wait til they release it in that color.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Microsoft [ 4 ] [2.41%]
EA [ 1 ] [0.60%]
Ubisoft [ 1 ] [0.60%]
Nintendo [ 154 ] [92.77%]
Sony [ 6 ] [3.61%]

Lol i love these results
tongue.gif

I guess... Nintendo won xD
92% of the votes o.o

Sony, on the 2nd place...
Has 3%
That's only a small difference of 89% ^^ they almost won (lol)
(and for the rest in percents)
Microsoft: 2,4%
Sony: 3,6%
Ea: 0,6%
Ubisoft: 0,6%
Nintendo: 92,7%

lol
Edit: I won't be updating this post
tongue.gif

Since Nintendo is winning even more now (?) (o.o)
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge