e3 flasher extra pieces?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xeroxed, Jun 2, 2016.

1. xeroxed
    OP

xeroxed Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    United States
    I ordered an e3 flasher, have finished modding my PS3, and I have a few extra pieces that my e3 flasher came with but were unused. I know the one piece is a chip to make a soldered connection to flash the motherboard, but I also have a piece that looks like it fits into a harddrive slot on one side with HDD 3.5/2.5 and USB 2.0/ESATA on the back, and a power outlet, micro USB slot, and apparently this ESATA outlet on the other side.
    Anyone know what these are used for? I have enough extra junk as it is, but I don't want to toss them into my scrap pile until I know for sure what they do.

2. konsolenumbau.expert

konsolenumbau.expert GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    hmmm post a pic please

3. baileyscream

baileyscream GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2015
    the test point board
    fits INTO a hdd slot? that's the actual e3 flasher board
    however I think its the external hdd docking station your referring to and its used when you leave the e3 flasher soldered into the ps3 so you can plug your cfw hdd in when you use the cfw on the e3 and then plug the ofw hdd in when you use the ofw on the ps3
    in other words its for fast dual boot
    its not common to do this these days.
    your better off boxing it all up and selling it all on now you have downgraded

konsolenumbau.expert likes this.
  4. Daniel41550

Daniel41550 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    She could still find some use for it. You could take other consoles and get console IDs which you need to get unbanned.

5. baileyscream

baileyscream GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2015
    Taking idps from a working console is not good practice
    And I doubt the o/p has the skill to remove the nor chip and wire up the flasher to use as an off board programmer to get the idps from dead boards

Sent from my hand using Tapatalk and magic

Last edited by baileyscream, Jun 22, 2016
  6. Daniel41550

Daniel41550 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    That's true but I think that you can still get the console ID off of PS3s that have other problems, such as corrupted firmware, display problems, etc.