Gaming E3 3DS game video compilation

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a compilation of 3DS game videos taken from E3. I shall post as many as i can find, and shall update the top post as new ones are found. Here we go.

Kid Icarus Uprising, the only direct feed gameplay footage of a 3DS game, which i'm sure you've all seen by now, but to be complete-

Video of various Nintendo scenes from Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, etc being rendered in still frame in 3D-

Video of the non-playable Metal Gear Solid demo. It's a demo rendered using the real 3D (polygonal 3D i mean) hardware that is played for you, but you can shift the camera around using the analog stick-

Nintendogs + Cats video (only shows the dog part)-

Another video of better quality showing off still scenes from Pikmin, Mario, Metroid, and Zelda-

If you find more videos, feel free to post them and i'll link them, add an embed if possible. Hope this makes organization a bit better. This is a game thread, as videos of the games are rare (they won't let you record footage from the games). We've seen a lot of system overviews, but we're focusing on game footage here, sorry for not expressing that better.
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess i should have made this known, but this is more for games being played on the system. We've seen a ton of videos of the system itself and its features, but game footage is in short supply since they don't want people taking pictures of the system (for whatever retarded reason). So please post any game videos you see. Will try to change the topic to express that if i can.
smile.gif

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or does Nintendogs 3DS looks exactly like the DS's version?
Not that I could care less, wouldn't get it anyway ;P

Great thread BTW!
wink.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it looks similar, though reports say that the polygon count is substantially higher and that the animals have hair now (like real hair, not just a texture). These 3DS games are quite varied in how they look. You've got games like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid which look up to par with some of the best looking Wii games, then you have Kid Icarus which again looks on par with something Wii would have (but is more cartoony than realistic). Then you have lower tech games like Ocarina of Time 3DS, which look closer to something you'd find on Dreamcast or mid-level PS2. *shrugs*

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Well about damn time they made this.Front camera FTW.This will make the game will be more realistic thanks to that.although i wonder what will they come up with next time,i mean the Cat part.

NintenHumans
biggrin.gif
Poking a chick with her collar on..MWAHAHAHAHAH

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh asap I hope! Got better things to spend money on than games, but still want to play them for free
laugh.gif
hey at least I'm being honest. And I've probably spent more money in 31 years of playing games than most gamers will ever spend in their lifetimes so I don't feel any guilt about my attitude towards games at all...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a new video of higher quality showing off those still scenes from Pikmin, Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. They're not animated, but they are real 3D models being rendered in real time by the 3DS' hardware. You can rotate the analog stick to adjust the view. If any of you have ever used a 3D modeling program on a computer, the effect is similar, like 3DSMax (ironically similar name) or whatever. They're there to both show off what the system can do graphically, and show off the 3D popout effect.

Updated the top post with the video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome