e-readers

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by iffy525, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009

e-readers by iffy525 at 8:00 AM (639 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. iffy525
    OP

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    Well I am a high school student and I was thinking of getting an e-reader, and I first I thought of the new Kindle DX, but then I saw that the Sony Reader has a larger selection of textbooks because of the partnership with Google. Anyway, should I get the Kindle, Sony Reader, or some other e-reader? I really like the Kindle DX for its thinness, and the size of the screen, but I don't know if the 250,000+ more titles that Google has will matter or not.

Looking for:
    -portability
    -good selection of common high school textbooks
    -easy on the eyes (to read)?
    -cost (not too big of a deal)

2. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm just curious, why would you want an ebook reader for high school? Doesn't your school rent out books for free? You're in the USA... I'm finishing up high school and I would never have needed or wanted one...

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    they are way too expensive imo
    for that price you can get a netbook, or heck only spend about $150 and get a PSP, hack it and install bookr on it

4. iffy525
    OP

United States
    True, but the PSP's screen is way smaller, not very useful for textbooks. I don't really want a netbook.

5. iffy525
    OP

United States
  6. Regiiko

Member Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    From your responses, I'm assuming you only want the e-reader for the "coolness" factor.

What's wrong with a netbook? It can do everything that the e-readers do, plus more.

7. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    You are assuming the books you will be using will be available in the proper format, and won't require a colour screen. If not you will have to make your own scans of the books you will be needing, which would be rather annoying I guess [​IMG].