DVDx, PatchMii and a D2PRO9

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by raptir, Apr 15, 2009.

Apr 15, 2009

DVDx, PatchMii and a D2PRO9 by raptir at 8:48 AM (509 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. raptir
    OP

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I figure this question is a little bit more technical. I've installed PatchMii on my Wii, running Waninkoko's 4.0 with my IOSes downgraded and cIOS36 rev10 installed. I installed DVDx using the PatchMii method, but I can't actually play DVDs. I installed MPlayer CE through the Homebrew Browser, and clicking "play DVD' will cause my drive to spin for a minute... and then nothing. Any suggestions? I've heard that modchips can interfere with DVD playback, is that what's happening in this case? Is there any workaround? Thanks.

2. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    i have the same problem with an other chip (argon 13 wire). maybe you wanna try all kind of different dvds. some of my retail dvds play perfectly fine some will cause mplayer to lock up. dvd video compatibility is very shitty. i only use dvds for emus and filled with encoded (xvid, divx, etc.) videos for mplayer.

3. raptir
    OP

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, so I should give some DVDs for homebrew a try? I don't really want to use it for playing retail DVDs (I have a PS2 for that) but I didn't want to start burning ROM discs until I had it working.