DVDX channel deletable?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by misticknight, Aug 30, 2008.

Aug 30, 2008

DVDX channel deletable? by misticknight at 8:51 AM (1,829 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    hi, i wanted to install this for the new emulators with DVD support but i'm afraid i can't delete it should anything happen, since i heard it's like an invisible channel or something like that. is it deletable or will it stay on once installed no matter what? also since i dont wanna start another topic, using the Opera channel on a wii with downloaded WADs is safe right? i downloaded the Internet Channel officially btw (about the only thing i have downloaded official since WADs became available)but i deleted cause it took up to much space but now i want it back.

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    You can uninstall the DVDX channel by restarting the installation program. It will ask you if you want to uninstall.

If you have legally downloaded the Opera channel you can just enter the Wii Shopping Channel again and download it again for free.

3. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    but i mean is it safe to use while i have all these illegal wads, since it's using the net. i'm sure it's fine since playing games online on the Wii is fine even with the hacks but i tohught i'd ask just incase.

4. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i go in the shop all the time, but saying that i have about 3 pages of legal stuff, and then about 5 games that i downloaded because they are not in PAL region so i didnt really see any choice there, but yea use the shop if you want, i dont think nintendo checks for installed games like the old days, its based on what you have downloaded and if it is on your wii anymore(for redownload).

5. Linuks

Member Linuks GBAtemp Regular

France
    You can also use AnyTitleRemover [​IMG]

6. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    No one has had problems going into the Wii Shopping Channel after installing WAD-files. You'll be fine.

And yeah, it's as safe as you can get with homebrew. The persons behind DVDX are the ones that worked on the Twilight Hack and the Homebrew Channel.
    Why would you do that if there's a better way?