Hacking DVD to SD channel?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denzil said:
teq said:
I already provided the Title ID for the Homebrew Channel, so it can be removed COMPLETELY, including the ticket.
Please keep in mind that while you are only able to remove a channel's data (i.e. WAD and ticket, playtime logs via formatting), you will not be able to remove all traces of its installation and usage. The Wii's system keeps records in several places a WAD uninstaller does not even have access to.

With so few posts, I believe this to be somewhat incredulous.

From a technical standpoint, this may be true, but the fact that the paranoia stems so far is rediculous. If you remove the content and the ticket, they can't really argue against much... even if they were to log everything.

Furthermore, in response to benny: If you're already stealing VC and Wiiware titles, do you honestly believe Nintendo is going to be concerned about the Homebrew Channel being on your system?

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
With so few posts, I believe this to be somewhat incredulous.
Naturally, a poster with only a few posts can only speak lies.

QUOTEFrom a technical standpoint, this may be true, but the fact that the paranoia stems so far is rediculous.
Actually, what I am promoting is the exact opposite of paranoia: If Nintendo really wanted to find out, they would be able to. So why bother going great lengths especially to hide something like the Homebrew Channel which, faced with VC and WiiWare piracy, Nintendo certainly is the least interested in to prosecute? Just use the installer the HBC team provides, they know what they are doing. They have been creating everything Wii homebrew is based on, ffs.

Edit: I don't seem to remember people being so incredibly sensitive about information left on their system when they were shoving all sorts of foreign region releases into their Wii. After all, a foreign "half-done" update or a system update using a foreign disk leaves all sorts of traces, too. What did change in between, why do people suddenly care?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it