DVD to PSP software

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by RedBaron, May 26, 2010.

May 26, 2010

DVD to PSP software by RedBaron at 10:22 AM (1,426 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. RedBaron
    OP

Newcomer RedBaron GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What would you recommend for DVD to PSP software

2. eric75

Newcomer eric75 Member

United Kingdom
    I can highly recommend "Any Video Converter Professional" - does great conversions for the PSP, the Wii and the Walkman, plus many other formats.

3. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
  4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Personally I use PSP Video Converter. Its free and if you have DVD43 it can rip straight from DVDs. THe quality is superb and it has a lot of presets you can use

5. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Agreed.

6. alphanemisis

Member alphanemisis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    +1 if your referring to WinX dvd converter...and all its brothers and sisters are really great too... video converter can take any video and turn it into format for psp, nds, ipod, cell phone , avi... etc....

7. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    if you want to go the "free" route legally, then I would recommend dvd decrypter coupled with ripbot264.

dvd decrypter takes your dvd and de-crypts it to the .vob files an ripbot264 has settings specifically for the psp to take the .vob files straight to a .mp4 file

links for both applications can be found on http://www.doom9.org

8. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    I have successfully converted a movie to the correct format using ripbot264, but is there a way to change the icon displayed in the psp menu?

fount it

jpg 160x120, renamed to filename.thm

9. organized_chaos

Newcomer organized_chaos Newbie

United States
    I use Total Video Converter for all of my video converting needs. I'm satisfied with it. Of course I bought the full version...

10. RedBaron
    OP

Newcomer RedBaron GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I have converted a DVD to psp format but I cant get it to work, it comes up with " unsupported format" what am I doing wrong?

11. alphanemisis

United States
    i have had that happen before... i dont know what was wrong i did the same thing as all others that do work... maybe just try again.... the psp only supports a few video codecs...h-256??? something like that... some mp4 ( as they have many differently encoded processes) there are different video frame rates at 24000 hz, 28000 hz, and 48000hz i think...and audio sample rates... so it is very confusing...

i do not know if WinX dvd to psp ripper is still freeware on cnet (dodwnload.com) but i got it there about a year ago and it is a one step process... not using decrypter first then another to convert it etc... takes about 3 hours or so depending on the length of the movie on my single core 1.6 gb processor with 1.5gb memory pc. sounds like a long time i know but hey you are taking about 5+ gb of video and shrinking it down to about 1gb or less and changing the format too!

do a search at cnet there are alot of free programs... not trial versions that have 3-5 stars worthwile.
    i absolutely love the winx software...i have some of dvd to psp's brothers and sisters and they all work great. i tried leawo???? its great too, but i think it was built for dual core pc's as after 24 hours the movie was still converting! and doesnt have the options winx does.

12. shanefromoz

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
  13. alphanemisis

United States
    im sure dvd fab is a wonderful program, beautiful skin and interface and options etc....

many of us like FEEWARE! last i checked that one cost a small chunk.

as far as i know the easiest place to search for freeware is download.com... you can set search criteria to weed out trial, and buy to only freeware....

hey its freeware so even though you cant expect alot the truth is alot of the software is new companies with a beta version so to speak... once it takes off usually its not free anymore... so sometimes its really good software.

14. alphanemisis

United States
  15. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    I've been using two programs...

DVDShrink - decrypts and copies the DVD to the hard drive (be sure to set it to create a single .vob and not split it)
    Ripbot264 - Converts the DVD file (ripped with DVDShrink) to a PSP format mp4 and even doubles the volume.

The perfect combination.

16. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Replace Ripbot with XviD4PSP....