DVD+rw messed something up

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jellofluoride, Dec 17, 2008.

Dec 17, 2008
  1. jellofluoride
    OP

Newcomer jellofluoride Newbie

United States
    I have absolutely no idea what happened. I used this instructable to get everything set up.

http://www.instructables.com/id/SNV9T0CFN4H8OGD/

After I finished I loaded my Animal crossing city folk game on a DVD -r and it worked fine of course.
    Well I only have DVD +rw discs left to use so I tried to load a game on that with a DVD-rom booktype.

As soon as I got into gamma it showed nothing but the logo and no options whatsoever. I also couldnt leave the loader without turning off my wii.
    Now I cant get the gamma loader to work at all no matter how many times I uninstall and re install it. I didn't change anything at all between using the two games. What in the world happened here?

2. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Well. Im not positive as to what happened, but DVD-RW's even when changing the booktype can screw things up, thats why their not recommended.

3. jellofluoride
    OP

United States
    I had no idea something like this would happen though. I assumed the worst would be that it just wouldn't play. I'm retracing my steps to see if there is some way to fix this.

4. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    be safe and always use a dvd-r

5. jellofluoride
    OP

United States
    Wow, so of all things that fixed this problem, inserting a gamecube action replay, then removing it, made the menu appear... [​IMG]

thanks for the fast replies anyway guys.

6. aceplayer97

Newcomer aceplayer97 Member

United States
    DVD-RWs are not compatible with the Wii. Use DVD-R or at least DVD+R. [​IMG]