Hacking DVD Read Error (324) from Backup Launcher

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A friend of mine has been having trouble for days, and now we've finally gotten a solid report to help us out. Anybody know what DVD Read Error (324) means and how to fix it?
This would be greatly appreciated!

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea???
rolleyes.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
everybody says it is media issue, but I first installed the Waninkoko cIOS36_r7 thru wad and gave me that error, so I delete with AnyTD, and the second time I use Wi-Fi method, that worked, for me, I didn't change the media, just re-installed the cIOS...!!!
smile.gif

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, after reinstalling the cIOS and running the backup launcher he gets a "Disc Read Error 361" now instead of 324. What does this mean??
hate2.gif

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I didn't really read the posts but I hope this helps!

DOWNLOAD FILES: http://www.filefactory.com/file/aee5db/n/Wii_Fix_Tools_zip
1. First I opened IOS Downgrader and followed the instructions to install all the new necessary IOS files.

2. Then I uninstalled IOS249 with AnytitleDeleter, and went back down to IOS36.

3. Then I installed the Shop Channel Update using the "Install Shop IOS51" boot file from the Wii Fix Tools zip file. http://www.filefactory.com/file/aee5db/n/Wii_Fix_Tools_zip(This file is the same as the top one)

4. In the installation of the shop channel update, I said yes to instlalling IOS51, then yes to patching a fix and yes to updading the Wii Shop Channel.

5. After that, I installed IOS249 again but this time with the cIOS Installer 249 that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

6. And finally I installed 3.3 Update that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

I could work anything becuz of the 324/361 error before this tutorial, but now it works 100% with my Verbatims ever since I followed these instructions by Kwaza.

DST3mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it was the burning speed, I had the same 324 on most games and I got it fixed by burning at 4x, I burned around 30DVD-R's at 2x(odly enough Sonic Unleashed worked on my first 2x burn) and VERY few worked, I burned it at 4x and none gave me problems, also could be your DVD burner, I have one on the living room computer and its much better than the one I used, memorex @ 16x speed I get 98% on all my burns so far on DVD info pro, the one I used to do the last 30 burns came with an E machines and highest speed was 4x, needless to say it sucked and I'm glad I didn't buy those expensive verbatim DVD-R's

alphafox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing you could look into would be the wii itself . Early versions of the consoles [mine included ] have fans that fail and i had to get another fan behind my console to keep it from over heating . Heres what you do if your console is running warm or hot let it cool for approximately 10 minutes then load your game through whatever backup loader you are using .

Jage_B

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this error pretty much at very random times. Sometimes the game works perfectly and sometimes it doesn't. I'm also getting read error 623 as well...whatever that means. I'm writing with DVD-Rs at 3x or 4x speeds. Any ideas? Anyone else getting this too?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jage_B said:
I'm getting this error pretty much at very random times. Sometimes the game works perfectly and sometimes it doesn't. I'm also getting read error 623 as well...whatever that means. I'm writing with DVD-Rs at 3x or 4x speeds. Any ideas? Anyone else getting this too?

You are writing at 3x ???
wacko.gif

If you encounter many disc problems, if you use DVD+Rs, check if your bitsetting works. If you use DVD-Rs, try different speeds and stay at the speed which gives you best compatibility. (Each burner/media combination has its "best" writing speed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over