Hacking DVD read error 1101

BigSteel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received a brand new Wii to mod today. It was on 4.0 and I updated to 4.2 thru nintendo and then ran thru the mod posted in the stickies above. I have done this at least 6 times now with no issue. This time, and backup I use with Neo Gamma r7 gives me a DVD read error 1101. I searched and couldn't come up with anything conclusive. It sounds like it could be the brand of disc. I am using RiData burned at 2x using imgBurn. I also read a couple of posts saying that there are certain drives that won't read backups ever. Is this true? USB loader works fine.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah as bloodlust said it is probably one of the new Wii drives D3-2 . Ninty is trying to prevent backup's with hardware solutions now. Not sure what your serial number is but I know LU394 Wii's have this drive.

Ninty = FAIL

You will need to use a USB Loader like USB Loader GX or Wiiflow. Get a USB Hard drive and play backups till the cows come home
smile.gif

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For European Wii's the serial that has these new drives starts with LEM102 although I hear LEH4xx also has these. I can only confirm LEM102 for now.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-1101 means either your dvd drive is d3-2 as mentioned above or your laser is dead.
if bootmii can install as boot2 then its more likely the laser is dead.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OP, I have been using RiData discs burned at 4X with 0 problems so while that doesn't rule out the media I would say the problem is likely with the drive.

TimwaTumble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i get disk error 1011 aswell. its a fairly old wii so i doubt it is the d3-2 drive.
bootmii installed as boot2,
xxxzero you said this could mean the laser is dead, as in broken?, do i need a new drive?
is it fixable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E