Hacking dvd problem

kirbymania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a fully softmodded 4.1 wii, using the guide here, works great plays all my backups and gamecubes perfect. i put mediaplayer ce on it, it will play my movie files off of sd card but nothing from dvds, someone told me to install ciosinstaller instaed of dvdx. when i run the installer( to 249) it saysinstalling then connecting to network but then say something to the effect "can find host or header or something like that, does anyone know what im talking about? or can help me get this thing reading dvds,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new DVDX has a different titleid so MPlayer CE has to be updated to work with it.

And the USB2.0 cIOS that comes with the app does indeed enable DVD playback, but it installs as IOS202 and not 249. You sure you're using the right app?

kirbymania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the beggining of the installer it askes where to install to, and according to the how to- step 13 i select "249" ---

13] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

p.s. i thought i installed dvdx when i did the softmod (ran the hackmii installer part), but like i said dvd movie playback doesnt work , could it be the mplayer update you were talking about? and just skip the ciosinstaller thing?

*resolved" ran the offline method to install and it worked perfect. i even learned how to do my youtube channel through
mplayer, totaly awesome, and the stream channels are awesome too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm