OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both USB, SD, and Network fail..

USB will just say ERROR

SD card I get a DSI occurred code dump

and Network It works for 45 minutes with firefox and then just stops....

what should I do? is there an application I could use to focus on my Wii's ip and download the iso without interruption?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
harrybuttox said:
Both USB, SD, and Network fail..

USB will just say ERROR

SD card I get a DSI occurred code dump

and Network It works for 45 minutes with firefox and then just stops....

what should I do? is there an application I could use to focus on my Wii's ip and download the iso without interruption?
there is people that doing it for you so why you wanna hastle with it just get it from them
wink.gif

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude... I am with you... I have dumped some of my originals via wifi-firefox...I found out that my wifi sucks... I lose the connect frequently when using it... I recommend getting the usb-ethernet adapter for like $15 at Gamestop and that shouldn't happen anymore... It hasn't for me anyways... I've done like 10 since then... about the other support... I get the same as well... I thought it was the size of my flash drives...because I have an 8 and 16 gb flash drive on my Wii's for wads, roms and video...seeing I still can't access my network right on Mplayer... I have tried all the commands on the Mplayer thread as well...

So good luck with ya..

harrybuttox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Dude... I am with you... I have dumped some of my originals via wifi-firefox...I found out that my wifi sucks... I lose the connect frequently when using it... I recommend getting the usb-ethernet adapter for like $15 at Gamestop and that shouldn't happen anymore... It hasn't for me anyways... I've done like 10 since then... about the other support... I get the same as well... I thought it was the size of my flash drives...because I have an 8 and 16 gb flash drive on my Wii's for wads, roms and video...seeing I still can't access my network right on Mplayer... I have tried all the commands on the Mplayer thread as well...

So good luck with ya..
Thanks! the usb-ethernet adapter works like a charm.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't sound like this has anything to do with your problem, but I'd just like to mention that dumping wii discs only works for me using firefox, maybe someone who has this problem will browse to this topic idk lol
smile.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the DVD Dumper support larger than 2gb flash drives? I just got a 8gb flash drive, would be great to use it to backup originals in one go.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wolffangalchemist said:
SD dumping is the fastest way to dump.
sd has to be fat16 i think dumping in parts isn't hard either combining the files only takes a sec.

Wich dumper are you using?? how big is your SD??? and wich IOS did you install to have this working thru the SD??? I only can make it work Wi-Fi and Safari (for Win32) but 4hrs is to much time, don't you think??

mcalistor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, SD is too much a PITA to keep swapping out. I'm waiting to hear of success using SDHC cards, then I might buy a 16gb card and let it run.

For wireless, I tried Firefox (IE didn't work at all), but it would only run for a 1gb or so before is stalled. Then I tried WGET, which is a GNU freeware program that runs from the command line. It also bombed out around a 1gb or so, but it features a resume feature. It worked for one disc, but for another, it wouldn't resume properly after it timed out.

I believe the problem is with my wireless setup. I keep thinking it's my router, but rebooting the router doesn't fix anything, only rebooting the Wii and resuming the transfer works.

For me, I currently use Wiiftp to mount the DVD (I think only the lastest version can do this, 0.0.16). Then I use Filezilla (or use your fav ftp program) do download the file. It still bombs out a couple times per disc, but at least I've never had a problem resuming the download. Takes about 2.5 to 3 hours. So far, I've done at least one dump with each method, never a single problem with the iso. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if you use Wiiftp, the img file is the same as an iso, or at least I think so. I just renamed it to .iso and ran the IOS patch against it to drop it down to IOS level 30. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm open for suggestions.

I'm going to try the USB to Ethernet adapter solution tonight. It's a cheap $8.00 converter I bought off ebay a while back, so I'm not holding my breath, but it's promising that others have had some luck with them.

Someday, I'll find a damn LG 816x dvd rom drive, but everyone is sold out, big surprise there, right?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mcalistor said:
For me, SD is too much a PITA to keep swapping out. I'm waiting to hear of success using SDHC cards, then I might buy a 16gb card and let it run.

For wireless, I tried Firefox (IE didn't work at all), but it would only run for a 1gb or so before is stalled. Then I tried WGET, which is a GNU freeware program that runs from the command line. It also bombed out around a 1gb or so, but it features a resume feature. It worked for one disc, but for another, it wouldn't resume properly after it timed out.

I believe the problem is with my wireless setup. I keep thinking it's my router, but rebooting the router doesn't fix anything, only rebooting the Wii and resuming the transfer works.

For me, I currently use Wiiftp to mount the DVD (I think only the lastest version can do this, 0.0.16). Then I use Filezilla (or use your fav ftp program) do download the file. It still bombs out a couple times per disc, but at least I've never had a problem resuming the download. Takes about 2.5 to 3 hours. So far, I've done at least one dump with each method, never a single problem with the iso. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if you use Wiiftp, the img file is the same as an iso, or at least I think so. I just renamed it to .iso and ran the IOS patch against it to drop it down to IOS level 30. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm open for suggestions.

I'm going to try the USB to Ethernet adapter solution tonight. It's a cheap $8.00 converter I bought off ebay a while back, so I'm not holding my breath, but it's promising that others have had some luck with them.

Someday, I'll find a damn LG 816x dvd rom drive, but everyone is sold out, big surprise there, right?
lol its ftpii not wiiftp
laugh.gif

mcalistor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegoron said:
eric_4_life said:
Does the wifi method use download bandwith? My ISP seems to think so, but I'm somewhat skeptical.

Ahh I was looking for the answer to this question also.

I'm confused, where does an ISP fit into this? I thought the wifi method was for transferring to a PC on the LAN, unless your using NAT to go through your router across the internet. I'm new to dumping from the wii, so I may be not understanding the theory here.

Assuming you're talking about transfer to another location on the LAN, I believe the bottle neck is the wireless, which caps out around 500kbps, give or take 100k.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."