DvD drive click..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Knuxsega, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Knuxsega
    OP

Knuxsega Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Hey GBAtemp peoplez uuh when I load up BoombloxPAL on my NTSC with Wiigators backup loader on NTSCForced I get these this spining noise then click and when it's loading it goes faster and when not doing anything ingame the sounds go away.. Is this a sign of a damaged Wii and if not. Will it damage my Wii..

Help meh plox D:<

(By the way only boomblox gives me these noises every other game I load on Wiigator works fine)

2. gundalf

gundalf GBAtemp Fan

Sep 26, 2008
    Germany

3. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Wii drives click all the time... Sometimes the clicks get in a rythem that is quiet nice.

and yes... as gundalf say... Mysims is really a benchmarker xD

4. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    EDIT:

Nevermind, wrong thing

5. Knuxsega
    OP

Knuxsega Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Ummm well uuh...Will this clicking damage my Wii DVD drive..or is it harmless? =O

6. Mrkinator

Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Great White North, Eh!
    Pretty sure its fine. The drive clicks even w/ originals

7. toastert2003

toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    about every 10th time i put in a game (originals only here) it clicks and clicks and then eject disk and power off wii..

but it's been doing since i bought it over a year ago, and no problems. did it 3 times in a row last night first time i put in SSBB, just got it yesterday.

after the minor annoyance, it worked.

8. Mrkinator

Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Great White North, Eh!
    Really? I would have sent it to Nintendo if it did that. So it's fine now?

9. toastert2003

toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    yup, it's random, not just on certain discs, and doesn't happen all the time. Occasionally it does, i was going to send it to ninty, but, at the time i was going to buy a modchip and i didn't wanna get sent one that didn't have yet a reliable chip.. and i knew nothing about modding wii's yet. and i got the extended service plan for the wii @ the store i purchased it from, so within the next couple years i can still hand it over to them and get a brand new one. (which i intend to do.. if i have to)

but... then again.. it doesn't happen insanely frequently... oddly enough, it usually happens on my completely fingerprint-less and scratch free originals ( i take GREAT care of them ) and it has happened ZERO times on beat-up rentals.

10. Knuxsega
    OP

Knuxsega Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Allright uuh.. Thanks for the info XD I won't worry much anymore when it clicks then..