Dutch translations for Phoenix Wright?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Skyrider, Dec 11, 2011.

Dec 11, 2011
  1. Skyrider
    OP

Member Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    As far as I have seen, there are no dutch (PAL) releases for any Phoenix Wright series which is quite a shame. Does anyone happen to know if someone translated one of the games to the Dutch language? I already googled so many times, but failed to find any useful links.

Regards,
    Skyrider

2. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
  3. Skyrider
    OP

Member Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I can understand the English language just fine. But my girlfriend on the other hand isn't much of an English person. It's quite a shame that Dutch isn't a popular language. While germany on the other hand, which is just next of us is getting all of the EU translations.

4. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Well, german serves at least 3 countries and it's a view more people than the Dutch speaking peoples :P
    Apart that the HQ of Nintendo in Europe is in Germany

5. RiksKing

Newcomer RiksKing Newbie

Netherlands
    Very sorry for bumping this thread from so long, but I've got a part of a Dutch Translation of Phoenix Wright:

I hope to finish it someday :D

6. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    It's... Okay, I guess, but there are a few weird things. You'll need a proofreader for this if that's the extent of your translation skills. I don't think it's worth translating this, though. Most people here (in the Netherlands) know English well enough to be able to play, and this game has a metric fuckton of text to translate. Unless you REALLY want to do this, it's probably better to give up before you invest too much time in it.

7. RiksKing

Newcomer RiksKing Newbie

Netherlands
    Well, that's true, but, it will still be cool if it would be possible. (And I'm really not working as much on this translation then on other hacks I do ;) )
    Thanks for your feedback.