Hacking Dusting off my Vita (and other consoles)

ryouga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I know theres noob threads but wanted a clear personal answer.

I have a Vita that I would say hasn't been updated in 3 years, just chucked it in cupboard when I got it and never used it.

I also have a PSTV which has never been taken out of box 1-2 years old.

I have seen the guides online on modding it but wanted to check things like is henkaku the best thing to go for? And is it just a case of get hold of the 3.60 firmware and flashing it to both pstv and vita?

I also am getting a SD2Vita thing as well.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you haven't activated your VITA/PSTV yet, you might be waiting for a bit longer for full functionality. Recently Sony fixed the circumvention method that was used to activate 3.60 VITAs. HENkaku Enso is definitely the way to go, but I wouldn't touch my VITA/PSTV until the activation problem is resolved (at least give it a month or two).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know theres noob threads but wanted a clear personal answer.

I have a Vita that I would say hasn't been updated in 3 years, just chucked it in cupboard when I got it and never used it.

I also have a PSTV which has never been taken out of box 1-2 years old.

I have seen the guides online on modding it but wanted to check things like is henkaku the best thing to go for? And is it just a case of get hold of the 3.60 firmware and flashing it to both pstv and vita?

I also am getting a SD2Vita thing as well.
Set your DNS to 212.47.229.76 and choose to update from Wi-Fi. Proceed only if the message says “A new version of the system software is available. Firmware 3.60 (変革 Compatible)”. That’s it!

After you do that, you can change the DNS back to normal, then just visit go.henkaku.xyz on the web browser on vita, then you got it active. :yay:

ryouga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure on activation on Vita as when I used it lets say 3 years ago I downloaded a few demos so I don't know if that activated it though all were Vita demos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh