Dumping official game saves.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Livin in a box, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    So, I have AKAIO on my AK2i on my DSi. I've downloaded and tried to use a WiFi dumper (can't remember the name) but it can't connect to my WiFi connector, and neither can AKAIO. AKAIO tells me to set up my WiFi, but hooow? I've looked in the Wiki, but nothing. I've searched, and nothing. And all I want to do is dump me saves from original cartridges.

Is there no way to do it with no network? Like starting a Homebrew app, take out the AK, put in original cartridge, it copied save to RAM, put in AK and it puts the save on there? Can I not do that?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you need a wifi dongle or a wifi enabled router/hub to have wifi access. if you don't have one of those you can't have wifi. the wiki will not contain info on setting up wifi because it has nothing to do with akaio. this is a router, home network, and nds firmware issue.

-another world

3. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    I had my WiFi to connect through because my router doesn't work properly when on WEP. I set up my DSi to work with the connector, tested the Browser and everything was fine, went to AKAIO to update loaders to see if it worked, but it still told me to change WFC settings. I use WiFi on my DS all the time, just WPA enabled stuff because, as I said before, my router doesn't work properly with WEP.

4. Another World

Colombia
    web and wpa is just a security cypher. you should not have an issue using either. sometimes SPI firewalls cause issues on some routers. i'm only using the NAT on mine. with homebrew (including akaio) you need SSID set to public broadcast. akaio would require wep as wpa does not work in the ds mode. the ak2i runs in the ds mode.

i can't help more without having access to your router.

goodluck!
    -another world

5. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but does the 3-in-1 backup tool work with the 3-in-1 Plus? I've only just managed to flash a game to it without it getting a big ugly white screen, stuff doesn't seem to like the Plus version very much.

6. Another World

Colombia
    i uploaded an .ips patch that should fix the app. i don't own a 3in1+ so i've never tried to see if this file works or not. i guess give it a shot...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5830

-another world

7. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    Cheers.

8. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    I know what WEP and WPA is and everything. I know everything about this. Is there no way apart from using a network to dump saves?

9. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    On the DS itself, you need either a Slot 2 (either with a Micro SD or an EZFlash 3-in-1), or over WiFi (that has to be WEP, since DS flashcarts run in DS mode, which only supports WEP).

I guess if all you have is a DSi (no slot 2, obviously), you'd have to get some sort of DS to USB adaptor.

[​IMG]

10. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Gah. I do have a DS Phat, but TBH, I'm not buying other stuff just to dump some saves. I'll just have to figure out how to get WiFi working.

11. Another World

Colombia
  12. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That NDS Backup Adapter has proven to be a great tool, especially since I got my DSi. If someone were able to write a utility for it that can dump the ROM too, I could practically retire my DS Lite.