Hacking Dumping NAND?

uglydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I got a 3DS Xl for my nephew with a FW4.3. I was wondering if anybody can tell me how to dump the NAND of this 3DS.

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice people can give.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a NDS flashcard ?
If so, download the Gateway 3DS FW v2.0b1 and follow the included instructions.

uglydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks for the fast reply,

I have a Gateway card, but I can't seem to find the Gateway 3DS FW v2.0b1 to download and I have google but had not luck.

I was wondering if you could let me know where I can down it.

Many thanks

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you have a Gateway card you can of course download the latest FW from the official Gateway site.
I thought you didn't have a GW 3DS, which is why I recommended the 2.0b1 FW since you don't need a Gateway card to get into the Gateway menu and it's proven to be brick safe.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can still use the latest Gateway software to back up the nand, and to use emunand in classic mode, it's only gateway mode that checks for the cartridge.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way is to do a hardware mod. You can either learn how here or send it to someone like me to install a USB mod for $32 including return shipping within the US. My thread can be found here.

Reactions: uglydude

uglydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for all the contribution and advice, sorry I'm quite new to all this and still a little unsure the procedure.

I get 2 Gateway cards, the Blue one and the Red one, and I got the GW Omege 2.1. Can you tell me which one I would use to access and dump the Nand, and which option that I would go to.

Many thanks.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the exploit is installed with the blue card, launch the exploit (System Settings>Other Settings>Profile>Nintendo DS Profile) while holding the "L" button when you push "Nintendo DS Profile" if you have the red card inserted (it will automatically take you there without the "L" button if no card is inserted). To create the dump of the NAND, it's the third option called "Backup System NAND". It will create a dump on the SD card inserted into the 3DS (not the one in the Gateway cart).

Reactions: uglydude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.