Dumping Nand of 3ds 1 and Putting Dump on 3ds 2 ?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SirKelly, Jul 18, 2017.

1. SirKelly
    OP

SirKelly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2017
    Germany
    Would it be able to dump the nand of a 3ds and then put the nand on another 3ds system so I could Clone them thanks for the awnsers

2. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Unless someone's hiding something from us, it's not possible. If I remember correctly, a NAND backup is tied to the system it came from.

SirKelly likes this.
  3. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    No, if you put a NAND of one system onto another you will brick your second system the NAND was trying to be restored to.

SirKelly likes this.
  4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    If it worked like this, the world would be much easier. :lol:

SirKelly likes this.
  5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Not a full backup, but you can create a ctrtransfer image and flash that on another system

urherenow likes this.
  6. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    +1

The current state of tools makes this trivial. I wrote a tutorial ages ago (like... 9.0/9.1 time frame) on Maxconsole how to do it manually with hex editing and xorpads. So... I'd usually have some choice words for the quick "no" and "impossible" replies, but I give up.

EDIT: And while friend code/NNID will only work on 1 console, the SD card will work on both. Install something on the one with working NNID to SD card, and transfer the ticket.db and title.db from one to the other, and the other will see and play the new game from that same sd card as well. This will continue until a system format is done to either. (EDIT2: derp... if installed from eshop on N3DS, you probably need to copy the seed.db as well and it won't play on an O3DS as is.)

Last edited by urherenow, Jul 19, 2017
    SirKelly and mikey420 like this.