Hacking Dumping games to storage device

Mac08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has already been asked, I did search but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I just finished all the installations on my Wii to play backups. The question I had is regarding the dump channel. I know it would probably be easier to dump via WiFi like I've read on these forums, but my question is if I choose to dump to an SD card, does the size of the SD card matter? I read on a different web site that some guy uses a 1GB SD card for this. If I'm not mistaken, games are over 4GB, so how exactly does this work?

Mac08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question about this if someone knows the answer. What exactly would I need to do to combine these files that it saves to my SD Card? It's saving each piece as .iso, and I have no clue as to how I make that into a single .iso to burn.

Edit: Also it saves all the pieces with the same name, so that is a bit confusing too.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you copy them across rename them to something that you'll remember like 1.iso, 2.iso, etc....
that'll help you remember order of parts too.

When you have all of the parts press Windows Key + R and type in CMD
you should end up with a black screen with some writing.... The command Prompt.
Type DIR and press enter and make sure your iso's are in the same directory as you are.
then type COPY /B 1.iso + 2.iso + 3.iso complete.iso

This will combine all the parts into a file called complete.iso and you can burn this....

As you can see most people will use Wifi as it's quicker and easier.

Mac08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll give that a try. I'd love to use wifi if I could, but the computer that has my DVD burner is on a different network then what my Wii is connected to, so for the time being this is my only option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: