Dumping Commercial Games

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Dylaan, Aug 11, 2007.

Aug 11, 2007

Dumping Commercial Games by Dylaan at 4:15 AM (880 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Dylaan
    OP

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hey, I had a quick flick around the forums, and I couldn't find too much about it, so here goes...

I know Australia doesn't really get many games before other places, but how hard is it, and what would you need to dump a commercial NDS game? I only have an R4DS v1.11 with 1GB Kingston. I saw in the thread about lack of releases that apparently anyone can make a commercial dump?

Please help! [​IMG]

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you cant dump with a slot 1 flash card, ds games are encrypted, you will need to buy a slot 2 flash card like M3/G6, the ds has only 4mbs of memory where would it keep the rom data when you are switching the R4 out?

anyways buy a slot 2 flash card like M3 CF (Dumpers say CF is the best for dumping roms)

[​IMG]

you then plug in your ds game in the ds slot and the M3 CF in the gba game slot, download and run the ds game dumping program.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guide here.
    http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=40

3. aZnXrAvEr

Member aZnXrAvEr GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Yeah, Rudolph's new Wifi tool there allows you to dump games and dump/restore save files through Wifi, so you no longer need an old slot-2 card to dump games. It'll take quite a bit of time of course, but it's possible.

5. D3FAULT

Newcomer D3FAULT Member

United States
    I need help with that Slot-1 app, actually.

Does anyone here know how to set up the .ini file? I know how to set it up... (in notepad) but I don't know what to edit, and what what to put in the edited places. I have a website w/ ftp access, but I don't know what info to edit the .ini file with. Anyway know how? [​IMG]

6. shadowofdarkness

Member shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Great program. I used the wifi version to dump my Tetris DS game and backup the save and put them both on my R4 and it worked awesome.

Love being able to dump my own games and find this to be better at saves then savsender because I don't have to run netcat everytime I need to manage save games.

7. Dylaan
    OP

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Thanks! Someone else actually bumped a similar topic about the WiFi Backup Tool thing just after I posted. I'm thinking of getting a Slot-2 Card... I just want one that'll play GBA games, and preferably use TF/MicroSD. Oh, and it has to fit a DS Phat...