Dumping >=7.x retail saves?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by mid-kid, Feb 9, 2015.

1. mid-kid
    OP

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    How would I go about dumping (and decrypting) my retail save files?
    I've got a 4.5 3ds with the mset exploit, CFW, 9.5 emuNAND, and some retail >=7.x cards.
    I've tried MT's/GW's Launcher.dats to dump saves, but they look encrypted (How would I generate xorpads?). SaveDataFiler Reports the card as broken.
    I don't own a gateway.

2. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    I think that's the big miracle everybody is wondering about right now... once Gateway implements the 6.x save crypto keys in Gateway Mode, we should be able to decrypt them using SaveDataFiler by using the Card1 workaround. For now, I think it's not possible to the general user.

3. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    Take a look here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-te...il-cart-save-convertable.380413/#post-5317474

For thoose having still their saves inside Cartridges with 6.x+ Crypto, you try
    'action replay 3DS power saves' (~20 euros, IF your game is listed working for the device)

or

Upgrade your 3DS (not higher than 9.2.0) to use 6.x crypto save (Cartridge) at least in gw-classic mode.

or

Start a new game with your rom.

or

Wait for another solution (maybe when new3DS gets support, we'll see)

Margen67 likes this.
  4. mid-kid
    OP

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    The save is created with a 4.5 sysNAND, shouldn't it be using the old crypto?

I do have a 9.0 NAND dump, if that helps.

5. mid-kid
    OP

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Isn't there any way to achieve this without a gateway card, when the save is created on a 4.5 sysNAND (MT classic mode)?

6. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    GW-Classic on sysNAND 4.5 is the same for CFW / MT classic mode when using 6.x crypto.

It's impossible without having the system at least on sysNAND 6.x.

7. mid-kid
    OP

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Ok, I see, thanks.

Margen67 likes this.
  8. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    just making sure, but why can't savedatafiler extract the retail saves? if the sysnand is 7.x

Margen67 likes this.
  9. mmn

mmn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2014
    United States
    Nice necro.
    Retail saves can be dumped with the NTR save plugin, now.

10. Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    I was able to dump all my retail cart saves with NTR-CFW 2.2 (currently only available on New 3DS) and its save game plugin, including new encryption games like Smash (and was able the then import those saves into installed CIA games). So if you have a friend with an exploitable N3DS and a copy of Cubic Ninja, they would be able to dump the cart saves for you.

11. Arkansaw

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago

and those saves can be used by what? if it is only NTR it would not be very useful

12. Arkansaw

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    which format are the NTR-dump saves in? would savedatafiler be able to read them?

13. Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    NTR-CFW dumps the raw save files in the same format as SaveDataFiler, so yes, they are compatible! What you'd want to do is run SaveDataFiler and export the existing "blank" saves of your installed games. Then inside the exported SaveDataFiler save folders, you'll see the raw save files. Replace these with the raw save files from your NTR-CFW dumps and then you can re-import them with SDF! ^_^

Arkansaw likes this.