Dump/Save GBA Saves?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TheTwoR's, Mar 19, 2011.

Mar 19, 2011

Dump/Save GBA Saves? by TheTwoR's at 10:10 AM (3,104 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. TheTwoR's
    OP

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    This is probably in the wrong section, but I couldn't find another place to keep this thread in.

So guys, I need help with dumping/restoring GBA saves. I know there are like a million threads about this, and I've read the majority of them but none of them seem to help me.

I have an original R4 with wood. I have a few GBA retail Pokemon games, but I do not want to play them on my GBA/DSLite, so I'll be starting over with an emulator on my PC.

When I'm done with the game on my PC, I'll want the save back on my retail card.

Now I've seen some threads about this, and I've heard lots about some Rudolph tool and whatnot, but here's the thing:

I have no idea: What on earth is an SRAM save and an EEPROM save? Like, what's the difference? Which type do GBA games use, and what tool should I use to dump/restore these saves?

(Also, I intend on getting a SCDS2 GBAtemp edition, but if I'll need a slot-2 card for this, then I'm better of with an AK2i + 3 in 1 as I don't want to spend too much)

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    IIRC the ones that rudolph made were for backups of NDS games/saves and to be used with the ezflash 3in1 but he never made any to support gba games/saves
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Papayo

Newcomer Papayo Advanced Member

Ireland
    You're talking about retail carts here, right? If so, all you really need is Rudolph's GBA backup tool. It can dump GBA games, and if I'm not mistaken, your GBA saves too. It can be downloaded here from Filetrip: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=3228

The save type shouldn't really be a concern, because when dumped they'll just appear as .sav files for you anwyay. It doesn't matter if they're FLASH, SRAM or EEPROM at this point. I'm not sure how the success rate is with Rudolph's tool since I've never used it myself, but the program should be pretty self-explanatory.

4. TheTwoR's
    OP

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    Wow, thanks. [​IMG]
    Do I need a slot-2 cart though?

5. Chamillionaire

Member Chamillionaire GBAtemp Regular

Germany