Dump graphics from an Image.dat

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by beachkid, Mar 15, 2017.

1. beachkid
    OP

beachkid Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys I'm new here and I just wanted to ask how can I dump an image.dat file from a specific game? I can't figure it out that well and would like to know and if you want I can upload the file on here if you guys want me to. Hope you can help me.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    .dat is one of the extensions that is considered generic (no official list of such things but we see it in thousands of different formats across computing).

Equally you have not said the system you are working on, in some cases there may be a thing common to many or all games on a system called image.dat but it is so generic a term that I could well have seen things like it in any system that uses file names. You can say the name of the game as well, it tends to help.

3. beachkid
    OP

beachkid Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    I'm working on a windows system actually and the game is on my hard drive I can give you the image.dat if you want to help me if you want and the game is some dancing/rhythm game

4. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    ...that's still not helpful. A .dat file is just a data file. It's basically like a box that you can put anything in. It may have bitmaps, it may have vectors, it may have code, or it may only contain an angry hornets nest. There is literally no way to know, and you simply saying "some dancing/rhythm game" is so unbelievably unhelpful that I'm likened to think you're either a troll or worse.