Hacking Dump a wii game to a SD/USB drive?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of course you can.

BUT, you need HomeBrew Channel (HBC) and Trucha Patching at a minimum.

All the USB Loaders generally also allow you to RIP your Originals.

Or you can use a dedicated 'ripper', but dont know why anyone would, as you still need the loader anyway to play it.
cool.gif

Look here:- http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there are various ways to do it. I haven't kept up with the usb loader scene but most if not all the established usb loaders can dump wii games to sd or usb drive e.g. usb loader 1.5 but thats an old one. There's also the usb loader gx. I'm sure someone else can explain to you a more up to date method.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Configurable USB Loader, and the GX one certainly can rip games to USB HDD/Stick.

PS: Hard Drive (HDD) MUST be connected to the lower USB Port on the console.

Sao Mortel

OP
Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
It was sooo easy! Used Congurable USB Loader and chose install game. . . . . it only dumped the bytes needed to run the game)) 2 minutes later i was running the game without the disk. THANKS GUYS!!!

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
It was sooo easy! Used Congurable USB Loader and chose install game. . . . . it only dumped the bytes needed to run the game)) 2 minutes later i was running the game without the disk. THANKS GUYS!!!

holy shit youre kidding! Thats not even in the readme!!!.....................oh wait yes it is

*facepalm*

Sao Mortel

OP
Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
TRushInfo said:
holy shit youre kidding! Thats not even in the readme!!!.....................oh wait yes it is

*facepalm*

Its not... Words like dump or rip are inexistent. What seems evident to some people is not always. Luckyly there is very helpful people on this board.... try to google it also you don't always find up to date answers... my post WILL help someone in the future that will be looking for the same answer using the SEARCH button
wink.gif

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
TRushInfo said:

*facepalm*

my post WILL help someone in the future that will be looking for the same answer using the SEARCH button
wink.gif

no, they will never find it because the search here is retarded. You type something in and the first 50 results are the same thread. Pure garbage, I dont know why they changed it but it sucks

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
You can use an app called SuperDump to rip GCN games, or 1:1 copies of Wii games.
+1 on this one. All backup loaders won't create proper dumps ... this one will. Can dump to both SD and USB2. Works like a charm and produces dumps verifiable on http://redump.org.

For best results use it with cIOS rev13b. Rev14-17 will not dump (particularly DL) Wii games properly. Rev18+ works again, but can't dump to USB2, since the program hasn't been changed for the new device name for USB2 in those cIOS:s.

Check it out on http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163598. Version 1.3, which renames the images to gameid automatically so you can dump several games in a row, can be found in the post http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2526897.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
joda said:
+1 on this one. All backup loaders won't create proper dumps ... this one will.
What defines a "proper dump"? 1:1? Have you tried setting "install_partitions=1:1" in config.txt for Cfg?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill