Homebrew Duke Nukem 3D(S)

Wanque

OP
Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Stolen from http://www.dcemu.co.uk topic here.

It looks like everyone's favourite Duke of Nuke will soon be arriving on the DS - the coder (Troy, famous for many other DS projects) says:
"LOL, its still needs a lot of work, no sound and its pretty slow. I need some time to try to remove SDL and use libnds directly and see if I can make it faster."

But the screenshots show it's at least running, and looks pretty good.

Can't wait!
bow.gif

Wanque

OP
Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
So... whats the story?
cry.gif

Did I put this in the wrong section and everyone is ignoring me because I'm so damn stupid?

Surely someone else is pumped to finally play the real Duke Nukem 3D on their DS?

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really looking forward to this - so, no , you're not the only person excited! Although I'd rather have a touchscreen controlled DooM with online play that worked on my R4 first!

I'm surprised more old FPS games haven't been ported to the DS...
smile.gif

Wanque

OP
Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Theoretically, we could have many more FPS's, but it'd be a matter of modifying existing code.

I'm sure I've seen a Wolfenstein DS port somewhere... so Rise of the Triad could be feasibly done.

We already have Hexen and Heretic, proving the Doom engine is very possible, and opening the doors to Doom, Doom II and Strife.

With Duke3D on the way, that's the Build engine, so there's the possibility of Blood, Shadow Warrior... maybe even Redneck Rampage.

Quake doesn't look it's too far off, and if I'm not mistaken, Hexen II was based on the Quake engine... but Half Life is too far a stretch, I think.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blood is not possible. The source code wasn't released. There are NO remakes or ports of Blood on ANY system because of this. The same goes for Hexen II and others.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... whats the story?Â
cry.gif

Did I put this in the wrong section and everyone is ignoring me because I'm so damn stupid?

Surely someone else is pumped to finally play the real Duke Nukem 3D on their DS?
Thing is there's a lot of subjects around and most of us only see what's on the main page, also it is from dcemu and most of us saw it there anyway.

Yeah some of us are excited of this news but the build is in its early stages so its not that playable. Just hope its gonna be actually finished as a lot of home made projects die.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait til this comes out. Did they release the source to Shadow Warrior? cause that was an awesome game, and if someone ported it to the DS... well it would be great. Anyway - can't wait til this has sound and runs at a reasonable speed. Oh yeah, I could've sworn I saw a Doom port somewhere. Could someone plz link? Or if I'm wrong, just say so =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up