Hacking Dualshock 3

HAPPYFACES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen many hardware hacks and mods related to enabling a DualShock controller's compatibility with the PSP, but for me that's a bit too high risk. I'm more into soft modding, where the chance of damaging your system's hardware is slim to none.

So I was wondering, with a little bit of software teaks and some magical coding, and a magically appearing Mini-B to Mini-B (5 pin) USB cord, would you be able to successfully connect a DS3 controller to your PSP?

HAPPYFACES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can connect a DS3 to a PSP Go. You just need a PS3 to do it, that's all.

I saw that. But I'm talking original, Fat or Slim PSP here.
It would be difficult, I understand, but just to soothe my curiosity, does anyone think it would be possible?

HAPPYFACES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Go has bluetooth, the other models do not.

The hacks you've seen are hardware hacks because they add bluetooth to the PSP. Software can't do that, which is why you're not finding any softmods for it.

The hardmods I've seen were done with Dualshock 2, actually.
Okay, so the main reason I ask this is because of a tool I've recently been using to help give more of a Playstation feel when playing ePSXe. The DS3 Utility tool, which allows Windows to recognize a DS3 controller (Whether by USB or BT).
So I guess the real question here is (Not if you can connect it by BT) But is the DS3's USB port related to the BT at all?

Sorry if I make no sense... I pretty much only come here early in the morning.

HAPPYFACES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, all the times I've seen the USB used for controlling was to a computer with no bluetooth, the cable did the work.

So, if you had a USB cable with two Mini-B 5pin ends (Which are the USB connections Sony uses for both the DS3 and PSP) would you be able to connect them without the need for BlueTooth? o3o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo