Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Schlupi said:
obito said:
fucken bricked my psp. Great. dont ask how, i'm too lazy. Anyone know how I can inject the friggin' IPL onto my memory stick? It always fails on psp grader and Rains.

It bloody tells me to retry with "format" checked, but if i check format all i get is "not responding" and then I have to exit the goddamn program.
I assume this is because I plug my MS straight into my laptop, instead of using psp usb connection, but its not my fault! my psp is bricked!

Now do I have to wait until tomorrow to use my cousin's 3000 or is there a way? HELP!

I'm not so lazy after writing all this, so I bricked my psp while trying to install 1.5 OFW with hellcats :/

If your PSP bricked from YOUR ACTIONS, IT IS YOUR FAULT.

And how is your cousin's 3000 going to help? 3000s can't make Pandora batteries, and odds are the battery won't be able to be Pandorized anyways.

You need another 1000 or a fully hacked 2000 dude. Looks like you're SOL.

And why the hell did you try installing 1.50? There is NO REASON why you should have done that...

And Time Machine will only give you like, 3 options to install on a 1000 -- 1.50, 1.50 w/ mods, or 3.04 OE? One of the old ass OE firmwares I can't recall exactly. Those would serve no use to you and BTW you need a Pandora Battery to run your PSP when you're running Time Machine.

At the looks of things just forget about your Dual Boot because it's useless at this point.

He has a pandora battery already...he is trying to inject IPL to make a MMS, which WILL work on a PSP 3000 AFAIK provided he has kernel mode execution (i.e. HEN on a 3000 - so provided his cousin hasn't updated his PSP past 6.35, he'll be able to make a MMS with it.
Ok, if he has a Pandora he needs a magic memory stick but what FW can a 3000 make a magic memory stick for? He would have to be able to install a Full CFW (5.50 GEN etc.) to not only install the IPL but he would have to install DDC and such and it won't work right on later PSPs (or so it was the last time I checked, something may have changed lately so I may be wrong).

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
So it needs to be hooked into a PSP to make the stick?

I thought it just modified the filesystem of the stick using the PBP you gave it.

Oh right, I forgot you could always use one of those fancy Magic Memory stick programs too.

You're right, I don't know what I am talking about anymore.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
Ok, if he has a Pandora he needs a magic memory stick but what FW can a 3000 make a magic memory stick for? He would have to be able to install a Full CFW (5.50 GEN etc.) to not only install the IPL but he would have to install DDC and such and it won't work right on later PSPs (or so it was the last time I checked, something may have changed lately so I may be wrong).

You could easily run the DCv8 Installer on PSP 3000 with kernel mode execution, no need for permanent CFW. That just sets up the MMS using a 500.PBP file AFAIK. I haven't tried this myself, but I believe that would work.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Schlupi said:

You could easily run the DCv8 Installer on PSP 3000 with kernel mode execution, no need for permanent CFW. That just sets up the MMS using a 500.PBP file AFAIK. I haven't tried this myself, but I believe that would work.

Either way OP needs an OFFICIAL SONY memory stick for this to all work. I don't know if he does but he should know.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Basically, Tl;dr to all of you ;D

Skimming through your comments, looks like you're all angry. O:

And I never said it wasn't my fault.

Fixed now anyway, Used my cousins 3000 to make the MMS, because I get a format error by using a laptop slot.

Thanks for helping, but I was really just venting in the first place.

Btw... I had a 1g 1002.. How could this not be old enough for 1.5? (082 motherboard? I think)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
obito said:
Btw... I had a 1g 1002.. How could this not be old enough for 1.5? (082 motherboard? I think)
That's the second-to-last motherboard for the Fats, meaning that's a motherboard that came with later firmware out of the box.

You can't downgrade below what it came with.

obito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I knew that newer psps came with later FWs out of the box, but shucks, I didn't check, didn't know there was like 4 motherboard models before mine.. >.>

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Every 1000 model can utilise the 1.50 kernel. What firmware were you on when you tried to install it?

obito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
5.5 prome 4.

When I was making a backup of the FW, there must have been an error somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...