Homebrew DSx86 0.14 Released

phoenixclaws

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pate said:
This version has a lot of minor fixes and improvements. There are about 50 new graphics (and normal) opcodes supported, including the 386-specific long conditional jumps. The problematic debugger breakpoint interrupt INT 03 has been adjusted so that it is silently ignored if a DOS program does not handle it and if the DSx86 inbuilt debugger is not active. I also fixed the IRQ handling, and added a debugger E command, as mentioned in the previous blog post. If you are feeling very adventurous, you can (at least in theory) use the new E command to replace an unsupported opcode with a NOP opcode (hex code 0x90) and then possibly continue a game has crashed with an unsupported opcode. This however needs a lot of knowledge about the x86 assembly language, and is not "supported" by me, so do it at your own risk! I'm just mentioning that it is possible. :-)

Since last weekend I have been searching and downloading a lot of games that have been marked as not working (or partially working) on the compatibility wiki, and I have been testing many of them, mainly looking for easy-to-fix problems. I have left the more difficult problems for the coming weeks, and have focused on games that seem to need only minor fixes to run properly....

Anyways, hopefully this new version again runs a few more games than the previous one, please send debug logs again and update the compatibility wiki for the games that have started working (or behave differently). Thanks again for your interest in DSx86!
-- Source - DSx86 Blog

Note: See Blog for full post.

DSx86 Homepage
DSx86 Download Page
Compatibility Wiki
GBA Dev Discussion Thread

phoenixclaws

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He mentioned in his gbadev thread that:
QUOTE said:
This version has mostly minor fixes and improvements, no user interface (or touchpad mouse) changes yet.

Ah, thanks Luke_c. I never saw that. heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo