Homebrew DSVideo not working on Acekard 2i =(

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded from http://filetrip.net/f4179-DSVideo-1-10.html and dragged the dsvideo foldor onto my microsd card. And it says this

QUOTE said:
Flash card error

Please apply the correct DLDI patch for
your homebrew device. If this doesn't
fix the problem, your device may not be
supported. Visit the forum site to
report it: http://forums.recoil.org/

I tried with patching it and without patching it and still doesn't work =(

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need a special modified patch for some cards. You need to change it from ARM9 to ARM7 or vice versa, can't remember. Anyway, I can't remember quite how to do it, but I think its a case of getting the source of the DLDI patch, opening the makefile, changing all references to "ARM9" to "ARM7" (or vice versa) and opening a terminal/command prompt, navigating to the directory with the source and typing "make".

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this? Or if there is not, can u please tell me how?

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
SifJar said:
I just did...

He means he wants you to Elaborate.
I don't think he understood.
wink.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine. Try this

Getting DSvideo to run on an Acekard
1) Download dsvideo - http://filetrip.net/f4179-DSVideo-1-10.html
2) Download DLDI and tools - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2RJCPQI4
3) Extract Dldi stuff.rar to a folder on the PC
4) (from akAIO firmware) copy ./_aio/ak2_sd.dldi to the folder you just made
5) copy dsvideo-unpatched-1.10.nds from the [4598]dsvideo_1.10.zip to the same folder you just made.
6) Optional - Re-name dsvideo-unpatched-1.10.nds to something better like just dsvideo.nds if you want
7) run dlditool32.exe and make sure Acekard Ak2 is showing in the drop down box
8) select dsvideo.nds (or whatever you renamed it to) as the binary and click patch.
9) (not sure if this step really needed but what the hell) run DLDI No-Patch.exe and patch your dsvideo.nds.
10) Copy the No-Patch version of dsvideo.nds to SD it should now run.

Converting videos to work with DSvideo
1) Download dsvideo Converter - http://filetrip.net/f9622-DSVideo-Encoder-1-01.html
2) Extract the contents of 9622-dsvideo-win-1.01.zip to the PC
3) Copy any videos you wish to covert to the same folder
4) run dsvideo.exe (movie name), this should produce a .dsv file. (this will take a while)
5) Or/ you could just skip step 3 and 4 and drag and drop the movie you want converted onto dsvideo.exe.
6) copy the .dsv file to the SD and should now be able to watch it on the DS.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to run a .dsv on Acekard 2i perfectly! THANK YOU! (make ur post into a sticky >_

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok currently right now I am running windows update, and it says this:

QUOTE said:
Initializing installation... done!
Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) (update 1 of 4)... done!
Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982167) (update 2 of 4)... done!
Installing Security Update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB983583) (update 3 of 4)...

So i'll wait till this update finishes, and I will tell u if it works or not.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I tried to run "dsvideo.exe" and all I get is a black cmd screen for like 4sec then it disappears. But if I run the "convert.bat" file it asks me what file I want to convert. So i type in "test.mp4" then the prompt then enables dsvideo.exe and uses it to convert into .dsv. Couple minutes later it was done then I got "test.dsv" I tried playing it in my ds and it works perfectly but there is a annoying "trrrrrrr....." sound in the background that will not go away!

Is this because this is mp4? I will try with avi later and see what i get.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Ok I tried to run "dsvideo.exe" and all I get is a black cmd screen for like 4sec then it disappears. But if I run the "convert.bat" file it asks me what file I want to convert. So i type in "test.mp4" then the prompt then enables dsvideo.exe and uses it to convert into .dsv. Couple minutes later it was done then I got "test.dsv" I tried playing it in my ds and it works perfectly but there is a annoying "trrrrrrr....." sound in the background that will not go away!

Is this because this is mp4? I will try with avi later and see what i get.
The easiest way to run dsvideo is to drag the movie file onto the dsvideo executable.

The "trrrrrr....." could be the type of audio the file was encoded with. There are so many types and this is only a simple converter. I'm suprised it worked with an MP4 at all. Does the original video play louder than a normal video on the PC?

You can't go wrong with an avi. MP4 and H264 formats are always going to be complicated.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
---Update---

I converted the .mp4 to .avi then from there I converted to .dsv and the "trrrrrr....." was gone.

So I guess this only accpets .avi =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Party DJ :P