Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Buleste said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
asiekierka said:
Mbmax said:
You should join the iSmartLinux project instead asiekierka.
No. I do not have an iSmart, many more people own a DSTwo and i dont want to port Dingux but Linux 2.4, complete with all necessary libs, maybe a package manager and possibly a GUI.

Btw i'll look at the chinese translation tomorrow
Again, throwing this out there. If you want something, why don't we just have more people email them. There will be no way they can ignore us then.
Why not create a post in the Supercard SDK section asking everyone who wants to be able to port Linux onto the SCDS2 to add their name to a petition, let it run for a week or so and then email the petition to the SCTeam.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
asiekierka said:
Mbmax said:
You should join the iSmartLinux project instead asiekierka.
No. I do not have an iSmart, many more people own a DSTwo and i dont want to port Dingux but Linux 2.4, complete with all necessary libs, maybe a package manager and possibly a GUI.

Btw i'll look at the chinese translation tomorrow
Well, i wish you good luck.
wink.gif

Hope one day to test this linux on my dstwo.

opp354

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
personuser said:
opp354 said:
Not really know if this help, but I translate to the chinese as follow:

???SUPERCARD,
??????????????????fans????SuperCard DSTWO flashcart?

??????Linux Kernel???????????DSTWO??????????????????????DSTWO SDK????????

Linux ???DSTWO ??????????????????????????? - ?????????

???????????????????????????DSTWO???????????DS???????????????????????????????????????????SDK????????Linux?DSTWO ????

??????????????????????

??,
Adrian "asiekierka" Siekierka
Alex "Antoligy" Wilson
Luke "mercluke" Mercuri
Nick "nupanick" Lamicela

The message may be wrong in some part though.

Is that actually translated by you or did you just put it through google translator? If you did it yourself then it would probably be more accurate than google, and it would be very helpful!

I have a PSP now so I don't need emulators/apps on my DSTWO anymore (unless someone codes a working Virtual Boy one or something), but there's no reason why people who paid for the flashcart shouldn't get their money's worth, so I support you guys trying to get SC team to do something.

I did actually translated this myself, though I did use google translator to find word that I do not know how to type. My ability to type Chinese is not very good that why I use google translator to find word I need. I can say Chinese better than Writing and Writing better than typing pinyin of Chinese.

I don't need any other emulators/apps on my DSTWO as well, what I think there is already enough emulators/apps for me to use
closedeyes.gif

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay! I sent the Chinese email to SuperCard, as well as posted it on the official forums.

Let's hope for the best.

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry for the doublepost, but this is important: They replied 20 minutes ago
biggrin.gif

The sales guy responded that this is a very good idea and he'll forward the Chinese-translated email (thanks opp354) to the tech guy (to whom we now have email access). This may mean more success.

tl;dr: We may get the SDK soon! We can also contact the techie guys

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, they replied ALREADY? And you guys will be able to CONTACT the techies?

This idea was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

Never thought they'd be so willing, glad I was wrong
biggrin.gif

Reactions: Margen67

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
man, its looks that i should get a dstwo now... i was already looking to get one, and now with this idea? KEEP IT PUMPING, MORE AWESOME HOMEBREW FOR SUPERCARD DSTWO!!!
biggrin.gif

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Someone finally got a reply from the Suercard Team
ohmy.gif

Pate already did a few times. So did Spinal. How do you think he and BassAceGold were able to make their own .plg/.nds menus? Hehe~

Anyway I'll wait for a techie response a while longer now... if they don't I'll just email him directly.

QUOTEman, its looks that i should get a dstwo now... i was already looking to get one, and now with this idea? KEEP IT PUMPING, MORE AWESOME HOMEBREW FOR SUPERCARD DSTWO!!!
Don't get your hopes up. The fact a salesman promised to get the email to their techies doesn't mean anything yet.

It also depends on how willing are they to release cartridge information.

If you can, wait a few weeks. Eventually we'll just all have to get iSmarts
frown.gif

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
asiekierka said:
Someone finally got a reply from the Suercard Team
ohmy.gif

Pate already did a few times. So did Spinal. How do you think he and BassAceGold were able to make their own .plg/.nds menus? Hehe~

Anyway I'll wait for a techie response a while longer now... if they don't I'll just email him directly.

QUOTEman, its looks that i should get a dstwo now... i was already looking to get one, and now with this idea? KEEP IT PUMPING, MORE AWESOME HOMEBREW FOR SUPERCARD DSTWO!!!
Don't get your hopes up. The fact a salesman promised to get the email to their techies doesn't mean anything yet.

It also depends on how willing are they to release cartridge information.

If you can, wait a few weeks. Eventually we'll just all have to get iSmarts
frown.gif

actually i was already thinking of get a DSTwo, to work alongside my m3i zero, and with this idea, and with the all nice things the DSTwo has,i'll buy it
biggrin.gif

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
It's 29,50$ the ismm price.
I have to say now that I've gotten iSmartLinux up and running I am somewhat disappointed. The emulators that have a DS counterpart are slower than the native DS homebrew.

The GBA emulation is not much better than the GBA emulator the iSmartMM already has.

Whilst some of the emulators that are not duplicated on the DS already are nice to get running they do not run very fast.

However the greatest problem is that all the emulators try to display screens in the Dingoo's resolution which is greater than the DS's so the display doesn't look very nice on anything

Having said that I don't think that if Dingux came to the SCDS2 it would be all that much faster.

I think time would be better spent converting emulators to native SCDS2 and creating new homebrew than getting Linux to work on the SCDS2.

puchaozhu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
opp354 said:
personuser said:
opp354 said:
Not really know if this help, but I translate to the chinese as follow:

???SUPERCARD,
??????????????????fans????SuperCard DSTWO flashcart?

??????Linux Kernel???????????DSTWO??????????????????????DSTWO SDK????????

Linux ???DSTWO ??????????????????????????? - ?????????

???????????????????????????DSTWO???????????DS???????????????????????????????????????????SDK????????Linux?DSTWO ????

??????????????????????

??,
Adrian "asiekierka" Siekierka
Alex "Antoligy" Wilson
Luke "mercluke" Mercuri
Nick "nupanick" Lamicela

The message may be wrong in some part though.

Is that actually translated by you or did you just put it through google translator? If you did it yourself then it would probably be more accurate than google, and it would be very helpful!

I have a PSP now so I don't need emulators/apps on my DSTWO anymore (unless someone codes a working Virtual Boy one or something), but there's no reason why people who paid for the flashcart shouldn't get their money's worth, so I support you guys trying to get SC team to do something.

I did actually translated this myself, though I did use google translator to find word that I do not know how to type. My ability to type Chinese is not very good that why I use google translator to find word I need. I can say Chinese better than Writing and Writing better than typing pinyin of Chinese.

I don't need any other emulators/apps on my DSTWO as well, what I think there is already enough emulators/apps for me to use
closedeyes.gif
???SC???

?????????????????????????SuperCard DSTWO????

??????Linux???????????????DSTWO????????????DSTWO SDK?????????????????

Linux???DSTWO????????????????????????????? - ????????????

??????????????????????????????????????DSTWO????????????DS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????SDK???????Linux?DSTWO????

?????????????????????????Linux?DSTWO????

??

My english so very bad,but...I'm a chinese.

Reactions: Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    or is Hunter Fox just copying Chuck Tingle?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That pussy is two faced af
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tentacles-Made-Gay-Hunter-Fox-ebook/dp/B00M0VCUPK let's be real, who isn't at least a little gay for tentacles though?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A phone can do more than a TV