DSTwoPLUS safe to use?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by JJ_, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JJ_
    OP

JJ_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Hi,
    Greetings to all in the forum!. I've decided to get some nostalgia back, for all the games I played as a kid. Mainly SNES and Megadrive.

I've got a DSi XL, so was looking for a cart to run emulators and NDS backups.

I did some research and found the DSTwo, because of hardware emulation, was the only solution that gave relatively good support for SNES and GBA emulation.

When I came to order I found most places only had DSTwo PLUS. I thought, 'well this could be useful if I buy a 3DS sometime soon'.

Since then I have read about the GW code on the DSTwo Plus bricking consoles. I have a couple of questions.

1. Since I'm using DSi XL, am I immune to the GW brick code?
    2. If I simply do not include the GW plugins on my SD root files, does that mean I'm safe regardless?

If I do upgrade to a 3DS, despite being annoyed the GW solution wont work, I can live without it if hte card is otherwise functional for playing back ups and homebrew.

My other option, is to try and return the card to the seller for a refund. However, I'm not sure how much success I will have with that.

Sorry for the long first post.

thanks
    JJ

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    1. Yes
    2. Yes

As long as you just use it for ds roms/homebrew/ds2 emulators, and not for 3ds games, you're all good.

JJ_ and porko like this.
  3. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty