Hardware DSTwoPLUS safe to use?

JJ_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Greetings to all in the forum!. I've decided to get some nostalgia back, for all the games I played as a kid. Mainly SNES and Megadrive.

I've got a DSi XL, so was looking for a cart to run emulators and NDS backups.

I did some research and found the DSTwo, because of hardware emulation, was the only solution that gave relatively good support for SNES and GBA emulation.

When I came to order I found most places only had DSTwo PLUS. I thought, 'well this could be useful if I buy a 3DS sometime soon'.

Since then I have read about the GW code on the DSTwo Plus bricking consoles. I have a couple of questions.

1. Since I'm using DSi XL, am I immune to the GW brick code?
2. If I simply do not include the GW plugins on my SD root files, does that mean I'm safe regardless?

If I do upgrade to a 3DS, despite being annoyed the GW solution wont work, I can live without it if hte card is otherwise functional for playing back ups and homebrew.

My other option, is to try and return the card to the seller for a refund. However, I'm not sure how much success I will have with that.

Sorry for the long first post.

thanks
JJ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.