Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm planning on buying a Dstwo+ soon but I'd like to know your experiences with it and what I have to do to make it work correctly.

I currently have a N3DS with REINAND 10.7, an unmodded O3DS on 4.5 without browser and a DS Lite.

Don't say I need to buy another flashcard, I want to play GBA and DS games with it.

Thanks in advance!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'm planning on buying a Dstwo+ soon but I'd like to know your experiences with it and what I have to do to make it work correctly.

I currently have a N3DS with REINAND 10.7, an unmodded O3DS on 4.5 without browser and a DS Lite.

Don't say I need to buy another flashcard, I want to play GBA and DS games with it.

Thanks in advance!
Play GBA natively with arm9lh or install them to sysnand and buy a cheap r4 card for 5 dollars. There I saved you 35 dollars and you dont have to support thieves.

Reactions: Robert McCoy

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
You need to buy another flashcard. There's no way to avoid it if you want to play DS games. Fortunately, the vast majority are cheap and compatible with 3ds. I recommend R4iGold for price and convenience. R4 revolution is good too but you need a 2GB mSD.
Avoid DStwo+ at all costs due to the fact it needs Gateway's firmware and they've implemented 3ds bricking code for it in all recent firmwares. Use CFW for your 3ds warez needs.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i would use cfw to play 3ds games, r4i gold to play ds games, custom virtual console to play gba games from the 3ds home menu. that's my current setup. lot cheaper in the end result.

edit: yeah the dstwo+ will brick your console because gateway doesn't like people using their code. you do NOT want that to happen to yours.

Last edited by Robert McCoy,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If you wanted an all-in-one cart that can be used to play games and carry saves between devices, then DSTwo+ would be the easier solution.

However as I'm sure other people will mention (while I'm still typing this reply), Gateway software has been known to cause bricking on non-Gateway hardware so that's something to be aware of. Also, since you already have a CFW set up, that should be able to handle 3DS and GBA games. The only advantage of having a DSTwo+ would be the ability to carry saves between consoles if you switch between your N3DS/3DS/DS Lite frequently. If not, all you need would be a basic DS flash cart to run NDS backups and let the CFW take care of the rest.

Reactions: Robert McCoy

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Play GBA natively with arm9lh or install them to sysnand and buy a cheap r4 card for 5 dollars. There I saved you 35 dollars and you dont have to support thieves.
I don't get this mindset. How can somone who just gave support to a thiev (yes, we all are, deal with it!) say to not support other kind of thieves while saying to support other thieves of the same kind? :wacko:

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get this mindset. How can somone who just gave support to a thiev (yes, we all are, deal with it!) say to not support other kind of thieves while saying to support other thieves of the same kind? :wacko:

I maybe wrong but last time I checked there are thieves who care about the customers and want them to return for more business, and then you have the create crappy hardware and run with your money type of thieves.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think he means don't support thieves who want to SELL their stolen goods and not provide free service. Basically he thinks it's better off to just steal for the sake of stealing and not support people who would exploit that. That's just my 2 cents. Idk.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he means don't support thieves who want to SELL their stolen goods and not provide free service. Basically he thinks it's better off to just steal for the sake of stealing and not support people who would exploit that. That's just my 2 cents. Idk.

Yeah I can see that.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the reply guys. I would buy a cheaper r4 card but I can't find any good resellers that ship fast (and not crazily expensive shipping that exceeds the price of the flashcard) to the Netherlands. While I don't want the card to play 3DS games, I thought it would be more convenient to have the games on a card so I can indeed switch between my N3DS And O3DS which my sister frequently uses.

I didn't know about the bricking chance. Maybe I'm better off getting a gateway card indeed :(

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, what I meant was everyone is a thiev. And when someone says to not support thieves then this should apply to all kind of thieves.

- The OP is a thiev because he pirates roms
- R4 card makers are thieves because they pirate proprietary Nintendo code for use with their R4 cards
- The supercard team are thieves because they pirate Nintendo code as well as Gateway code

So there is no difference between buying an R4 card versus buying a DSTwo+ as far as supporting thieves goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1